|Job Ref:||202936339||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:37|
We are seeking to recruit a dynamic Senior Software Engineer on behalf of our client, based just outside Cambridge. The company design, manufacture and sell sensors and instruments for environmental monitoring and plant science. They are looking for a talented and innovative senior software engineer to be responsible for all aspects of the software design of new products from concept development right through to manufacture.|
* Develop firmware and application software for our environmental sensors and loggers and test and calibration equipment.
* Play a leading role at all stages of product development cycle: requirements analysis, specification, design, implementation, validation and maintenance.
* Engage in all aspect of product design: scientific, mechanical, electronic, documentation, testing, trialling and maintenance.
* You will both manage and participate in development projects, and may be asked to participate in other roles as and when required.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
* Good degree in Scientific or Engineering subject
* Interest in environmental research
* Extensive experience (5 years) of firmware application development (e.g. embedded C)
* Proven ability to deliver robust application software for scientific and/or electronic equipment with minimal supervision.
* Understanding of electronics concepts for the purpose of firmware design.
* Appreciation of scientific principles (especially physical, environmental and/or plant)
* Project management highly desirable
* Fluency in some of the following: C, C , C#, Visual Studio, WinAPI and .NET,
* Embedded development: IAR Embedded Workbench, MSP430
* Communication protocols (serial, TCP/IP, wireless)