|Job Ref:||204566323||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Peterborough||Address:||Post Code:||PE1||Salary:||£25.00 - £31.30/hour||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:24|
Our client, a major manufacturer based in Peterborough with a globally recognised brand, has made available a 12 month contract opportunity for a Validation / Development Engineer to join their Mechanical Systems team, offering up to £31.30 per hour (umbrella or limited company contractor basis). |
This vacancy is to support the validation of new and updated diesel engines for industrial applications.
Key Responsibilities of the Validation / Development Engineer
* The creation of validation programmes for design changes to existing products
* Working with development engineers to complete FMEA based risk analysis, determination of Failure Modes, and the identification of rig test, simulation, engine test, and in field validation needs.
* Defining engine build & instrumentation requirements, planning test activities and reviewing of results.
* Working with Test Engineers and Project Leads to manage the delivery of validation activities to Time and Cost targets
* The work involves working in a fast moving development environment with the ability to analyse technical situations and make sound technical recommendations based on this analysis.
Qualifications and Experience required for the Validation / Development Engineer role
* Experience of Diesel Engine Development
* Experience of delivering Design Verification Plans, and the writing of test reports
* Ability to troubleshoot build and test issues
* Team working skills and ability to deliver through others
* Good communication skills, written and verbal
Desired Qualifications and Experience for the Validation / Development Engineer role
* Experience of validation planning and use of FMEAs
* Experience FMEA facilitation and creation
* Proven project management experience related to Diesel Engine development
* Engineering degree qualified preferred but not essential
* Experience of Root Cause Analysis and issue investigation techniques
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately