|Job Ref:||204566536||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Warwick||Address:||Post Code:||CV34||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:24|
Body Development Engineer - Gaydon - Permanent - £35-£37 DOE|
A Body Development Engineer is required to support the body engineering PMSTs and PATs in the generation of detailed component and system level engineering targets.
To support body engineering PMSTs and CAE with Body structure related development and testing.
To execute body engineering development and testing particularly for durability and craftsmanship.
To provide proactive, creative and practical problem solving to advance the development of body engineering designs.
To perform early failure mode detection through the creation and testing of bucks, sub-assemblies and prototype parts.
To create, critique, and execute test plans to ensure design verification and reporting is performed in the most effective and efficient manner.
To create and update Design Verification Planning across Body Engineering Systems and vehicle programs.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Organise in-source and out-source testing (liaise with suppliers, organise and follow-up component
procurement, organise test planning and manage test method specification)
- Support/Execute component, system and vehicle tests
- Support/Execute Body structure related development and testing (body torsion, Body In White fixings,
- Communicate/Present test results and support technical reviews
- Participate in the engineering design from targets through development to production
- Write/Archive test reports and deviations
- Raise concerns where necessary and develop corrective solutions
- Attend PMST meetings and advise on upcoming changes
- Support Design reviews from target settings through development of production parts
- Generate new concept ideas
- Source / Fabricate pre-prototype parts
- Participate to benchmarking activities to support design and target setting
- Design and build test rigs
- Update current test methods, write new test methods
Qualifications and Experience
- Body Engineering related degree (development, performance, production processes, joining technologies for car bodies), or equivalent.
- 1 to 2 years' experience of hands on testing (body components, structures and systems)
- Experience in Automotive industry (experience within other engineering sectors will also be considered)
- Experience in Engineering problem resolving (for example body components, structures and systems)
- Pragmatic hands-on problem solving
To apply for this role please contact Jeff Lane on (Apply online only) or send your CV to
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency