|Job Ref:||204567177||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||LE4||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:26|
Our client is a reputable manufacturing business (precision components) based in Leicester|
They are currently seeking a Strategic Buyer to join their effective team and support the Purchasing Manager.
To develop and pursue purchasing opportunities, negotiate contracts and implement strategies for the procurement of all raw materials and subcontract parts and services. To assist with the development of the purchasing team focusing on strategies to support business objectives.
Primary objectives are to ensure continuity of supply, improve EBIT through reducing spend on areas detailed above and operating working capital (OWC).
• To support the Purchasing Manager in pursuing business objectives including development and execution of purchasing strategies.
• To work closely with the relevant members of the purchasing team to place / enable placement of orders, accurately and in a timely manner with approved suppliers, and to ensure timely delivery of same, in line with customer requirements.
• Ensuring continuity of service during purchasing team absence if required.
• To liaise with other departments to confirm, support and advise on timely delivery.
• To positively impact the company's KPI's with particular focus on continuity of supply, EBIT and OWC.
• To establish and support long term supplier relationships to maximise supply chain effectiveness.
• To develop metrics to monitor supplier performance and work with suppliers to improve their performance.
• To assist with budgetary control systems to monitor all costs and expenses of fixed, variable and indirect expenditure.
• To develop purchasing pipelines and achieve cost reductions in excess of annual targets.
• To negotiate key commercial contracts to ensure that commercial contracts serve the best interests of the organisation whilst protecting the company's best interests.
• To participate, identify, develop and implement continuous improvement activities throughout the supply chain.
• To ensure the ERP system is maintained accurately with all relevant purchasing data.
• Management of factored products to achieve customer satisfaction, sales targets and inventory levels.
• To undertake any other duties specified by the Purchasing Manager.
Qualifications, skills, attributes, experience required:
• CIPS Member or studying towards CIPS.
• Degree in related discipline.
• Excellent understanding of MRP / ERP systems.
• Highly skilled in the use of EXCEL.
• Ability to think strategically.
• Contract Negotiation.
• Commercial and business acumen.
• Leicester Based
• Reputable Manufacturing business