|Job Ref:||204568144||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stowmarket||Address:||Post Code:||IP14||Salary:||£23000 - £26000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:26|
Prime Appointments are looking for a skilled fabricator / mechanical engineer to work alongside a manufacturing site in Stowmarket, Suffolk. |
As a fabrication engineer you will be report to the project engineer / workshop supervisor. You will be required to cover all aspects of the build, maintenance and repair of machines. The workshop itself requires the successful applicant to have a "can-do" attitude as well as the initiative to work by themselves or within a team.
The company has built a strong reputation offering 30 years of heritage. As the company continues to grow and expand they find themselves with new positions opening as well as offering excellent long term career opportunities for existing staff.
The candidate will be working closely with the design team in supporting innovation and technology advancement. The role requires a competent mechanical / electrical fitter with excellent fabrication skills who can communicate with staff across all levels.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Mechanical, electrical and hydraulic assembly of machines
- Use of MIG & TIG welding processes
- Set and Program a press brake
- Use of hand tools associated with welding techniques
- Use of cutting, drilling, powered rollers and hand grinding machinery
- Maintain a clean working environment at all times
- Ensure health and safety standards are met at all times
- Mechanical, electrical and hydraulic experience
- Must have a minimum of 3 years sheet metal / fabrication experience
- Ability to MIG and TIG weld
- Manual machining experience (previous CNC experience not essential but beneficial)
- IT Literate (excel/word/ERP)
This is a permanent position offering excellent long-term career prospects as well as a highly competitive salary for the right candidate.
For any further questions regarding the role, please contact Carl at Prime Appointments. Check out our website for my contact details.
Please note that if you have not been contacted within 7 days your application for this position has been unsuccessful