|Job Ref:||204568180||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Dunstable||Address:||Post Code:||LU6||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum See Job Spec||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:25|
Are you hungry and ambitious for more success and responsibility? Do you ever feel that your current role just isn't fulfilling or rewarding enough?|
Well, in your new role as an Embedded Software Engineer working with us, this can all change as we give you as much responsibility as you can handle.
This role is ideally suited to a career minded, ambitious individual who is looking for that unique opportunity to prove what they can do. We will test your skills and capability to their limits, but this will enable you to grow as you keep learning and evolving with the job and as the business grows. The job will give you some fantastic opportunities to work across different sectors, with a variety of people at all levels of seniority.
We are seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to complement our forward-thinking development team working in a fast moving industry. We are offering the benefits of a small firm that will allow you to contribute efficiently, innovate and grow as the business grows.
You will be engaged in several software activities that range from coding/modifying embedded control firmware to building PC based software utilities, integration of our sourced utilities to the platform we use and interfacing with 3rd party suppliers for new products.
* Continuously develop, enhance and maintain the source code and firmware for Wavesight's wireless communications products and configuration management tools based upon:
* Feedback from the applications support team
* Feedback from partners and end user customers
* Bug reports
* Market requirements
* Implement new features in the firmware and configuration management tool
* Manage a process for recording this feedback and suggestions for improvement from a range of sources, prioritising and scheduling resulting enhancements and improvements
* Configuration management, revision control, bug management and release date definitions
* Development and implementation of detailed project plans to deliver specific software related continuous improvements and new product developments.
* Contribute to the development of new product development strategy, target product specifications, functions and features
* Reverse engineering of legacy firmware to understand the factors affecting product performance and the mechanisms employed
* Produce detailed specifications
* Manage code quality, produce test plans and carry high level testing and debugging
Embedded Software Engineer | Software Engineer | IT | Engineer | Software | Development
Additional Salary Information:
Pension, Life Cover, Medical, Free Parking
* Formal technical degree qualifications and/or relevant experience
* Proven experience in embedded SW development
* At least basic understanding of bridging, routing and switching functions and protocols
Key Competencies/Attributes Required:
* Well organised and able to manage conflicting demands
* Ability to prioritise
* High levels of accuracy
* Deadline focused
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Motivated and enthusiastic about new technologies
* Development of embedded processor systems based radio transceiver firmware utilizing open source development platforms
* Knowledge of network management functions and protocols including SNMP
* Knowledge of IEEE 802.11 communications standards
* Development of MS Windows based software utilities
* Experience in working with or managing 3rd party SW companies
We is a leading vendor of wireless connectivity solutions offering a complete range of licence exempt OFDM and licensed microwave wireless communications systems and ancillaries suitable for a wide range of outdoor IP video, data and voice transmission applications