|Job Ref:||204568432||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Salary:||£23000 - £23300/annum Pension + Holiday||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:26|
Title: High Voltage Electrician x2 |
Our large, unique worldwide, heavy engineering and manufacturing company are looking to recruit two High Voltage Electricians on a direct permanent basis for the Melting and Electrical Distribution division of the business. Our client specialises in large scale steel cast and forged products for industry sectors such as defence, power generation, nuclear, offshore, oil and gas and many more. A strong High Voltage Electrical background in a heavy engineering, steel works, plant maintenance environment is required. Excellent holidays, sickness, pension benefits available.
2x High Voltage Electricians to join the Melting and Electrical Distribution division to carry out maintenance on all High Voltage equipment.
Day to day operations will cover:
* Carry out planned maintenance, inspection and repairs of High Voltage Switch Gear, Transformers and Associated equipment
* Inspection and maintenance of all H.V. Sub. Stations
* Periodic secondary injection testing of protection equipment for H.V. Circuit Breakers
* Inspection and testing of Bucholz units, battery chargers / trip units
* Installation of new electrical plant
* Documenting safe working procedures and risk assessments for various tasks
* Data logging of electrical supply readings
* Issuing of permits
* Be capable of designing and updating electrical drawings for the High Voltage System using visio or similar package
* Contribute and drive a continuous improvement culture within their department
* Be willing to work overtime for breakdowns, holiday and sickness cover including call outs if necessary
*Electrical Engineering/Maintenance Apprenticeship
*Engineering knowledge rooted in strong maintenance principles and failure prevention
*Ability to understand, control and maintain the site High voltage electrical network
*Competent understanding of electrical drawings
*In depth knowledge of Health and Safety in the workplace and improvements made in support of H&S
*Ability to follow written and verbal instructions given by management
*Has a strong predictive and non-intrusive approach to the Maintenance of critical equipment
It is also desirable that candidates have/are:
*Significant experience of working with High Voltage Switch Gear and Transformers
*I.E.E Wiring Regulations Seventeenth BS 7671, training will be given
*Continuous Improvement training/qualification
Please click apply now for this exciting High Voltage Electrician opportunity with a world renown Sheffield Engineering firm or call Jordan Young on (Apply online only) for more information.
The package on offer for the experienced High Voltage Electrician:
Salary: £23,000 plus additional benefits and overtime premiums.
Hours: 40 hours per week, 2 rotating shifts, (6am-2pm, 8am-4pm) You will be required to work 1 weekend in 2
Status: Permanent with company from day one