|Job Ref:||204369199||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Newbury||Address:||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:20|
Our client has a reputation for integrity, quality, passion and innovation. They provide the automotive and insurance industries with essential and valuable commercial information through research and development, consultancy, training and publishing services with the continuing goal of driving down the cost of insurance claims.|
They are seeking a Software / Java Developer to develop and maintain bespoke web sites, applications and services solutions to mainly support commercial orientated products underpinned by research products.
• The ability to produce high quality system code in accordance with defined industry and company standards.
• The ability to conduct research on emerging application development products, languages, standards and provide feedback to Team Leader/Technologies Architect.
• The ability to solve problems creatively in a logical and structured manner.
• The ability to work as part of a team but also to work independently when required.
• Attentiveness to detail.
• Good communication skills.
• Proven experience of working as part of a software development team in a small/medium business where documented processes were in place to control software development lifecycle. Entry career paths are usually from a degree or on the job experience.
• A working knowledge of Scala, SOLR, Jetty/Tomcat, Maven, Xml and Web Services, Unit Testing (JUnit) and Netbeans/Eclipse IDEs would be advantageous as well