|Job Ref:||204568442||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Guildford||Address:||Post Code:||GU1||Salary:||£38000/annum £35,000||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:25|
Our client is looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to work on their Highways project, this is a permanent position paying up to £35,000 where you will be based out Guildford, Surrey. |
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with the control of costs, maximising value, minimising future liabilities and maintaining the required standard of quality and safety on a range of contracts.
• Manage the commercial resources of the assigned project to maximise planned gross margin through the placement and control of contracts and subcontracts
• Provide commercial expertise to contracts, to include the production and submission of valuations, claims, budget monitoring, and contract/work stream performance data.
• Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and implement company policies for risk management.
• Support the authorisation and submission of project variations. To authorise the placement of contracts, subcontracts, material and plant orders.
• Maximise cash flow through the control, measurement and valuation of work, and the invoicing of customers and payment of suppliers.
• Value work executed by sub-contractors and certify interim and final payments.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
• Holds the relevant qualifications (Degree or HNC in Quantity Surveying desirable)
• At least 5 years experience as a Quantity Surveyor and you must have worked on similar Highway projects.
• Must be an excellent organiser with proven time management skills
• Must be flexible in hours of work and travel