|Job Ref:||204568491||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Blackpool||Address:||Post Code:||FY3||Salary:||£15 - £21/hour||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:07|
Preetha Sampath is recruiting for a Maintenance Technician to work for a medical device company that manufacture a prestigious range of neuro and orthopaedic products. The Maintenance Technician will be working at their state of the art site in Lancashire on a 12 month contract basis with a possible extension for another 12 months.|
The primary responsibility of the Maintenance Technician will be to support the production department to ensure that the facility, manufacturing plant and equipment at their site are maintained to a safe and reliable standard.
Further Duties & Responsibilities will be:
-To follow and promote company, HS&E and Quality standards to enable the site to achieve and maintain the required results for manufacturing, audit and traceability purposes.
- To provide a support function for the manufacturing plant and equipment to ensure it is appropriately and adequately maintained.
-Recording equipment work history on the CMMS system and ensuring relevant documentation and procedures are duly maintained and updated.
-To design and implement innovative controls and procedures to support the company continuous improvement environment.
-To support new equipment purchases, installation and validation activities.
- Ensuring maintenance of production equipment is carried out to agreed schedules.
- Participating in equipment & Lean improvement activities.
- As an emergency key holder, responding to call outs as necessary.
Quality and Compliance Related Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in compliance with all regulations and laws governing business and quality operations (FDA / GMP/ BSI / ISO, etc.).
-Responsible for ensuring staff and department compliance with all local, national, international and company regulations, policies and procedures for Health, Safety and Environmental compliance.
-Basic understanding of manufacturing policy and standards
As a Maintenance Technician, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• 5 GCSE/O levels including maths or relevant science, Or TEC certificate Oryears relevant engineering experience.
• Time Served Mechanical and / or Electrical Engineer
• Production Line or Laboratory work desirable
• PLC experience
• Maximo understanding
• Liquid Line Filling experience
• Packaging machinery experience
• Facility maintenance experience
CK Engineers is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been short listed for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ENG36967 in all correspondence