|Job Ref:||204568616||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Nottinghamshire||City:||Nottinghamshire||Address:||Post Code:||NG18||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:26|
Preetha Sampath is recruiting for a Manufacturing Technician to join a Fast Moving Consumer Goods manufacturer based in Nottingham. This is a permanent vacancy with a manufacturer known for a wide range of house hold products. These are shift positions based on either: a two shift system, a three shift system, continental shifts or permanent nights. A shift allowance is offered depending on the type of shifts. |
The primary responsibility of the Manufacturing Technician is undertaking operatorproduction duties, whilst maintaining an engineering overview of the line. The Manufacturing Technician's time is likely to be spent 90% on operational tasks (operator duties) and 10% on engineering tasks.
Further responsibilities include:
• Prioritising own tasks effectively to ensure delivery of all KPIs
• Passing knowledge on to team members whilst leading and operating within that team
• Removing non value added tasks to ensure maximum line efficiency and enable focus on improvement
• Influencing effectively to ensure support for improvement activities
• Performance related pay linked to key KPIs and core values being demonstrated
• Managing need to sometimes sacrifice line efficiency to ensure customer service is met
• Creating the opportunity to use improvement tools and Continuous Improvement tool box
• This is a technical role and in every activity, before tackling a problem, the Man Tech must carry out a mini risk assessment.
• Leading a team whilst not being responsible for managing the team
• Good interpersonal skills particularly communication (verbal and written)
• Planning and organising
• Customer focused
• Continuous improvement mind set including risk assessment, analytical skills and fault finding
• Change management
• Computer literate (email, excel, word, powerpoint and CMMS)
As a Manufacturing Technician, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• Time served Engineer
• Production line experience on high speed packaging equipment in FMCG, food, chemical, or pharmaceutical environment
• Experience of working in a target driven environment and delivering against Key Performance Indicators
• Experience of identifying and delivering Continuous Improvement initiatives
• Awareness of qualitycurrent Good Manufacturing Practice and working with Standard Operating Procedures and Change
• Trained to a Mechanical NVQ level 4 or above or equivalent International qualification.
CK Engineers is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been short listed for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ENG36969 in all correspondence