|Job Ref:||204568626||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£33000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:26|
Commercial Gas Service Engineer - West Midlands - up to £35k |
Our client is a specialist engineering and building services company. They are able to offer routine servicing, fault-finding services, installation on all types of boiler combinations from a small commercial atmospheric boiler to larger industrial boilers. Due to the award of several new contracts they are looking to recruit a Commercial Gas Service Engineer to cover the West Midlands area.
At present we are looking for a Commercial Gas Service Engineer to join our existing teams who work at various premises throughout the UK. You will be based from home (this can be anywhere within the M6 and M1 from Birmingham to Manchester) and cover a range of sites within the region, although on occasion you may be required to cover sites anywhere within the UK.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision as well as part of a team. You will be required to complete PPM's and reactive maintenance / service to all commercial buildings services plant and equipment. This will cover Heating / Gas, AC / HVAC.
Qualifications and Experience
• MUST HAVE ACS Commercial Gas qualifications such as COCN1
• MUST HAVE a full UK Driving licence (minimum points accepted)
• Ideally have AC, refrigeration and electrical skills
• Experience in PPM and reactive works within HVAC Building Services
• Good technical knowledge as well as the ability to project manage and multitask
• Good oral, written communication Skills and customer service skills are also a must, as this is a very client facing role
Duties and Responsibilities
• Undertake the planned maintenance of the building engineering services to ensure compliance with specification, PPM, schedules and procedures.
• Ensure that all PPM's issued are completed and closed down on the client in-house system.
• The identification of additional works, and implementation once authorised.
• To ensure the company Health and Safety policy is adhered to.
• Hands on duties will include the general maintenance of all HVAC equipment.
• Be able to work on own initiative and as part of a team, at times you may be the only engineer available
• Be available to work on the engineers on-call rota
Basic salary of between £33-35k plus door to door travel. Overtime is paid at time and a half or double, depending when worked. Company van, mobile phone, specialist tools plus, ongoing training a recertification and the chance to be part of a rapidly growing and successful company