|Job Ref:||204226642||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Altrincham||Address:||Post Code:||WA14||Salary:||£18000 - £25000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:37|
Junior .NET Developer (Altrincham ) £18k-£25k|
Working for one of the UKs fastest growing Direct Employer Job Boards that is going through a period of growth. We are looking to add a junior .NET Developer who can learn on the job as we look to upgrade and enhance our site.
You will be given every chance to contribute with ideas to the way the site can be developed moving forward. If you also have a flair and an eye for design that would be an added bonus.
The environment is very relaxed, there is office music during the day, and we start at 8.30am and finish at 5pm (4.30pm on Friday). We also pop a beer in the office every other Friday at 4pm.
In your day to day role, you will be initially be tasked with gaining an understanding of our database and all our applications by working alongside the Technical Lead on various issues.
Your role will then progress to working on Jira stories and issues in our monthly sprints. We have a lot of work and a lot of legacy applications and code that we want to refresh and upgrade.
Formal IT Qualifications or University degree are preferable. Otherwise if you can prove if you have the required experience and skills that is good enough. We regard the following skills as essential:
- Visual Studio
- Object Oriented Design
- C#, (url removed) MVC,
- SQL Server (T-SQL)
- HTML and CSS
Training will be given on the following skills where necessary although we are also looking for someone who can also take time to learn and progress as they work:
- Atlassian Jira
- Enterprise Scale Applications in C#
- (url removed) MVC, WinForms, Web Forms, WebAPI,
- Source Control (Bitbucket)
- Responsive Design
- Understanding of Good Coding Practices
- Managing Web Servers, IIS, Deployment Methods
- SQL Server (T-SQL), Stored Procedures, Entity Framework, Database Design
- Unit Testing (TDD)
- IoC Containers
- CV Parsing and Matching, Actonomy
- Scheduled Tasks
- Google Analytics
- SOLID Design Principles
We will also be evaluating MVC6 and (url removed) Core in future as we look to upgrade from MVC2 and refresh the style and layout of the site.
- Self-motivated and able to work within a dynamic environment.
- Able to multi-task without reduction in quality of work or concentration
- Likes to work as part of a small team where the opportunity to learn and contribute is great