|Job Ref:||204329036||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:44|
Design Validation Engineer|
Our client is currently expanding the multi-disciplinary Engineering Team based in their Cambridge Technology Centre, and are looking for a talented Design Validation Engineer who has a passion for turning creative concepts into leading products.
The Design Validation Engineer will be responsible for ensuring new product designs meet the marketing and regulatory approval requirements across the company's range of products. The role will primarily be centred on product validation testing, but also requires the management of applicable regulatory standards, and oversight of change requests as part of the on-going sustainability process.
Responsibilities include :
• Define and manage the new product test methodologies covering performance, environmental and regulatory approvals
• Develop and execute product validation test plans, ensuring new products are ready for manufacturing and market release
• Work with multidisciplinary teams to deliver robust processes
• Analyse product test data to track trends and improve design quality and efficiency
• Track regulatory standards and changes that are relevant to our clients products to ensure that new and existing products comply
• Support the engineering change request process.
Person Specification :
• Proven experience in the validation/testing of complex system products combining electronics, software and mechanical skills
• Testing and evaluation of electronic circuits and components
• Knowledge of software testing methodologies
• Knowledge of quality systems and approval standards
• Ability to produce technical documentation to support all activities within the group
• Self-managing and driven to get the results needed
• Flexibility in tasks undertaken
• Team player
• Team leading/management experience of a multi-functional team
• Confident and competent to work with mains powered equipment
• Experience with EN61010-1 (Instrument Electrical Safety) and EN61326-1 (EMC) testing & compliance particularly beneficial.
Personal Qualifications :
• NA. or NA. in Engineering related degree (or equivalent)
• Ability to read, write and speak fluent English