|Job Ref:||204339039||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Salary:||£60000 - £65000/annum £65,000||Post Date:||05/10/2016 03:44|
Our client relies on technology to underpin nearly all of the services which it provides. The IT Shared Service (ITSS) business is responsible for consulting on, designing, planning, delivering and managing technology across the organisation on a worldwide basis.|
Due to a consistent increase in business, they are looking to add to a long standing and stable team by recruiting an additional Network Architect.
They are looking for an experienced network professional to produce network architectural designs with a specific focus on routing, switching and firewall/security solutions.
You will be expected to:
• Produce the network infrastructure architecture ensuring that the respective components support the overall solution architecture needs/business requirements, and is both affordable and supportable.
• You will be accountable for the network infrastructure integrity within an IT solution context, whilst managing design dependencies and impacts of change.
• You will assist the Solution Architect to ensure the network components are aligned to the target operational and architectural models.
• You will lead the network infrastructure architecture and design on medium and large sized programmes, projects or bids, ensuring that the network infrastructure components support the overall solution architecture needs/business requirements, and is both affordable and supportable.
• You will analyse and explain the risks involved in adopting certain technology solutions
• Will produce or tailor standard designs to meet client needs whilst maintaining recognised industry and/or company standards.
• Will be able to raise and resolve issues with suppliers and designers.
• Will be able to contribute significantly to more complex solutions and may lead implementation or components within the design.
• In order to be successful in the role you will have an advancing knowledge in the field of network infrastructure architecture, with extensive experience of working in the field of IT/telecoms architecture.
• You will have experience and knowledge of network components and infrastructure
• Experience of core/backbone MPLS networks and corporate network environments
• Experience of network security and firewall technology
• Experience of integration and the migration within a network solution
• Will have defined and owned components of network infrastructure solutions and will have taken responsibility for high-level design work within major projects
• Individual must have had previous career experience of low-level design in networks
• Can demonstrate an ability to assess risk and negotiate on issues such as cost, quality and timescales.
• The ability to analyse the customer`s technical requirements and able to design solutions aligning [where possible] to company strategic intent/direction.
• You will have architected a number of different components or small solutions for customers or business partners seeing it through to implementation.
• You will have worked as a technical lead or be involved in multiple projects or part of a wider programme at the same time and will input into the project planning.
• Recognised architectural certification i.e. BCS Certificate in Enterprise & Solution Architecture, TOGAF 8/9, etc.
• Possess industry recognised architectural certifications in their respective areas of domain expertise i.e. Cisco, Juniper, Avaya, Aspect etc