|Job Ref:||204339197||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Salary:||£80000 - £85000/annum £85,000||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:59|
Key Purpose |
Lead the solution development phases on medium and large sized programmes, projects or bids, ensuring the solution meets the business requirements, is affordable and supportable. Accountable for architectural integrity while managing design dependencies and impacts of change; normally leading the Technical Design Authority to ensure the solution is aligned to the Target Operational and Architectural Models.
Senior Solution Architect
• Lead the technology work stream in defining solutions for transformational bids taking responsibility for all deliverables within that stream, including all aspects of people, process, technology and information pertaining to it. For the Proposal stage of the Architecture lifecycle, this will require managing; engagement with stakeholders, analysis of the problem space, design of the solution, creation of the delivery plan and completion of the proposal.
• Accountable for on-going Solution Integrity while managing design dependencies and impacts of change, working closely with a variety of stakeholders both internal and external, e.g. Enterprise Architecture, GTD Governance, Corporate Governance and Market verticals.
• Leads small technical teams and provides direction and internal governance.
• Leads the development of architectures for complex systems, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external, and internal customers.
• Takes full responsibility for the balance between functional, service quality and systems management requirements within a significant area of the organisation.
• Establishes policy and strategy for the selection of systems architecture components, and co-ordinates design activities, promoting the discipline to ensure consistency.
• Ensures that appropriate standards (corporate, industry, national and international) are adhered to.
• Within a business change programme, manages the target design, policies and standards, working proactively to maintain a stable, viable architecture and ensure consistency of design across projects within the programme.
Senior Solution Architect
Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
• Proven track record in leading the development of architectures for complex systems, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external/internal customers. Taking full responsibility for the balance between functional, service quality and systems management requirements. Able to demonstrate architecture, planning, design and implementation experience in large scale projects and systems integration and an understanding of Business, Applications, and Information and Technology Architecture domains. Experience with/in an outsourced technology environment and the ability to deliver though a matrix organisation working with other senior management/delivery partners.
• A broad knowledge of business process re-engineering principles along with extensive knowledge and experience of designing, documenting and facilitating complete solutions covering technology, applications, information systems and operational aspects across a wide range of platforms and business environments.
• Experience of utilising key tools to support development and management of solutions within an architectural framework - e.g. Abacus, Casewise, Rational System Architect, Mega or Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect.
• Technical background should include systems integration, including working knowledge of enterprise applications integration, SOA middleware platforms and virtualisation technologies as well as storage and hosting solutions.
• Experience of developing solutions which support the transformation of business services provided to one or more of the following sectors: Local Government, Central Government, Financial Services, Telco services, Healthcare, Transport and Commercial services.
• Experience in delivering solutions covering one or more of the following areas; outsourcing, networking, contact centres, EUC, Data Centres. Cloud services and middleware/integration.
• Strong communications skills and ability to produce high quality technical and sales oriented material. Ability to identify and develop opportunities to provide business benefit to customers.
• Team leadership experience, with strategic, operational and people management skills.
• Proven vendor management skills, including identification, selection and operational partnership. Experience of working with partners of various sizes and capabilities in order to provide the delivery capability needed to ensure success within their domain.
• Good understanding of the business processes - Sales, Consulting, Marketing, Delivery, Service & Support
Senior Solution Architect
• Degree in computer science, computer engineering, system analysis or a related field of study
• Certification in an Industry standard such as TOGAF, Zachman
• Customer Focus: Delivers Customer Service Sees those they interact with as customers and seeks to identify and meet needs, taking swift action to resolve issues with integrity. Always alert to the customer's point of view and demonstrates a sense of urgency.
• Judgement & Decision Making: Solves Problems Identifies problems within own area of remit & takes responsibility for finding a solution regardless of the causes.
• Driving Growth & Innovation: Generates Ideas Identifies innovative ideas and solutions for everyday work problems that contribute to on-going continuous improvement and add value to the customer.
• Execution & Delivery: Delivers Against Own Objectives In accordance with the companies Governing Principles, follows through and meets personal commitments in an organised and methodical manner.
• Drive for Results: Demonstrates Personal Drive Actively works towards ambitious personal goals, demonstrates enthusiasm and energy toward all aspects of work. Shows drive to make a difference to others at work.
£75,000 - £85,000 plus car allowance of £4,200