|Job Ref:||204473391||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Docklands||Address:||Post Code:||E14||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:37|
Health & Safety Advisor |
£30,000 PA - £35,000 PA
Our client is a multimillion pound subcontracting group of companies who provide a wide range of services including Logistics, scaffolding, security and construction to a wide range of services to various sectors and industries. Due to growth they are currently looking to recruit an experienced Health & Safety Advisor
As the company's Health and Safety Adviser you will be required to provide competent expert knowledge to management and staff in order to generate and promote a positive health and safety culture on our projects. This represents a key role in helping control occupational risk and monitoring compliance.
You will be responsible for ensuring that all safety legislation is adhered to and policies and practices are adopted and to help plan, implement, monitor and review the protective and preventative measures that the company is statutorily required to follow and that in place as part of the company's policies. A key aspect of the role will involve working towards minimising operational losses, occupational health problems, accidents, incidents and injuries.
Job Description :
• Assisting in preparing health and safety strategies and developing internal policy where required
• carrying out risk assessments and considering how risks could be reduced; outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards
• Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
• Planning practical and effective methods, both preventative and remedial, of promoting health and safety and safe working practices
• Attending safety committee meetings
• Negotiating with managers and operators to try to eliminate conflict between production and safety considerations
• Making changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation
• Assisting with in-house training for managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks
• Keeping records of inspections findings and producing reports that suggest improvements
• Keeping records of incidents and accidents and producing statistics for managers
• keeping up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect your employer's industry
• Producing management reports
• Carrying out accident investigations on site and producing subsequent reports and recommendations
• Carrying out fire drills
• Ensuring the safe installation of equipment
• Advising on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
• Carry out other health and safety tasks and functions as requested by your line manager.
NEBOSH qualified and the appropriate levels of Health & Safety qualifications and certifications
Sufficient Health and Safety experience of the Construction Industry
Health and Safety experience within scaffolding or construction logistics
Knowledge of scaffolding works
Good administrative skills and attention to detail.
Proficient in using Microsoft Products including Excel and Word
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work using your own initiative and cope with pressure
Ability to conduct regular site inspections
Wiliness to travel to various locations and work on weekends and outside normal office hours
Excellent oral and written English
Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels
Good team player
Ability to work to tight deadlines and targets
Accuracy and an eye for detail
Ability to observe company's rules on confidentiality and privacy
If you are interested in applying for the Heath & Safety Advisor role please do not hesitate in submitting your CV.
Search Recruitment Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer