|Job Ref:||204480646||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Milton Keynes||Address:||Post Code:||MK9||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:27|
Permanent, Full time
Milton Keynes/Midlands/Anglia region
The Carey Group is a leading independently owned Construction Company, operating across the UK and Ireland. Well-established and unique within the construction industry, we specialise in civil engineering, concrete structures, building, demolition, asbestos removal and waste management.
The Contracts Manager will be pivotal in supporting the Operations Director in leading and managing the construction of allocated Projects. The Contracts Manager will be responsible for planning and controlling the Quality / Safety / Engineering / Design / Temporary works / Logistics / Material deliverables / Programme and Cost Control in accordance with client and stakeholder requirements.
You will also be instrumental in the delivery of project works right first time and working within time and cost constraints. Leading adoption and consistent deployment of the Carey Way and engaging with all members of the project team including client and client consultants and representatives to secure current and future project opportunities.
• Safety and Environment - lead the achievement of Carey SHED safety targets. Ensure Project Inductions, Site rules, Pre start interviews and new starter assessments are completed.
• Technical and Engineering - Focus and assist teams to Lead and ensure specific Carey or Specialist Sub Contractor product design, submission, approval, manufacture, inspection, delivery, installation and integration into the Project Scope of works complies with Project requirements and is fully controlled and managed#
• Logistics - Ensure preconstruction and Construction programme key considerations are fully addressed by the project team
• Design / Information - Ensure Projects teams Lead, control and regularly monitor the delivery of Design of Structural elements
• Materials / Procurement - Implement and ensure all materials comply with specification and employers' requirements, are fully approved for incorporation on to the projects accountable for and are QA/QC managed for the Project.
• Programme - Implement, Review and monitor regular review of Contract, Construction and short term programmes
Work closely with the Project Managers and lead the development and production of robust Budgets to build aligned to Construction Programmes
• Staffing and Labour management - Proactively Lead and enable teams to effectively manage and deliver full team engagement
• Report / Support - Enable and encourage the reporting and referral of any problems and concerns with regards to all aspects of the rolls
• Higher level qualification in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or Structural Engineering ideally or equivalent experience
• Technically competent, Effective problem solver, Team Player and Methodical proactive planner.
• Proven technical experience and knowledge
• Construction background
• CSCS Card
• SSSTS or SMSTS
• UK driving licence
• MS Office software, particularly MS Excel and MS Word
• 26* days holiday per annum (*Plus 8 days Bank Holidays)
• Annual discretionary bonus scheme
• Company Car/ Car allowance benefit
• Competitive benefits package
Our company is full of passionate and capable people and we need like-minded professionals to join us in shaping our company into the future. Demonstrate your ability and progress your career, working with an employer who cares about the well-being and satisfaction of their staff, by submitting your CV and cover letter.
Carey Group PLC are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer