|Job Ref:||204484531||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lancashire||City:||Bury||Address:||Post Code:||BL9||Salary:||£30000 - £45000/annum Hols, BUPA, Pension||Post Date:||18/10/2016 16:01|
Responsible for undertaking estimates for new business opportunities, co-ordinating all aspects of an estimate. Drafting tender letters and presenting all cost and project information in a high quality clear format for review by a senior management representative.
• Register and acknowledge receipt of own enquiries
• Manage/monitor all aspects of own bids/cost plans
• Build up cost estimates for aspects including:
o Building Works
o Engineering Works
o Equipment procurement
o Design Costs
o Escalation & Risk Factors
• Co-ordinate content from others and where required to write supporting documents to enhance the quality of proposals
• Present detailed accurate estimating content for review and subsequent approval.
• Attend post tender reviews and lead in presenting project handover content when new business is secured.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
• Experience of the UK construction market
• Experience of bid preparation and co-ordination
• Knowledge of our competitors
• Previous experience in a similar role in Construction / FE company.
• Computer literacy including a practical knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Good interpersonal skills
• Customer focused
Highly Desirable (but not essential)
• Membership of an industry professional body
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD, MS Powerpoint, MS Project and various ductwork estimating packages.
• Experience of the Nuclear industry
• Procurement & Bid Manager
• Business Development Managers (BDM's)
• Other Estimators/Senior Estimators
• Project Managers
• Quantity Surveyors/Senior QS's
• Clients and Suppliers