|Job Ref:||204495524||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Gloucestershire||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£35000 - £42000/annum Depending on experience||Post Date:||09/10/2016 03:48|
Our client is a leading National Consultancy in the Planning & Development sector, and they are now seeking to appoint a Senior Planner (Telecoms) to join their expanding team in Bristol.|
The purpose of the role is to provide a professional planning advice on all town planning matters on a wide portfolio of general planning consultancy project work. Act in accordance with the Company's guidance and RTPI code of professional conduct. The role will involve being part of a team on a variety of projects as well as leading on small scale/less complex projects, specifically involving Telecoms and infrastructure.
The Senior Planner (Telecoms) will be undertaking public consultation, site feasibility studies, the preparation, submission and monitoring of planning applications, planning appeals and site visits involving other specialists. You will have a direct working relationship with the Planning Director and you will be expected to be fully involved with clients. Excellent client management skills are required as is the ability to manage a fast paced, diverse workload.
The ideal candidate will be a member of the RTPI with up to 4 years' experience. Up to date knowledge of Planning Regulations and Statutory Instruments is essential as are good verbal and written communication skills, commercial awareness and project management skills. We offer an excellent remuneration package and car allowance dependent upon experience and potential.
* Take new job enquiries and prepare fee proposals
* Undertake site assessments to establish development potential to include site inspections, detailed examination of planning histories, policy analysis and interpretation and consideration of material considerations
* Research planning histories of sites and assess relevant planning policy criteria
* Prepare and progress applications through the planning system
* Liaise with officers at Local Planning Authorities pre, during and post application
* Prepare Planning Design and Access Statements and appeal statements for inclusion within planning applications and appeal submissions
* Prepare a range of other planning documents required to support applications including sequential assessments and planning statements
* Assess the planning merits of a site, formulating planning strategies to promote medium and long term development sites through the plan-making process
* Prepare and submit client approved representations to development plan documents within agreed timescales
* Prepare/co-ordinate evidence to support the allocation of sites/areas for development/growth at examination
* Attend planning committees to verbally represent the interests of clients
* Attend community consultation exhibitions and events, as required
* Attend Inspector's site visits, informal hearings and public inquiries, as part of the planning appeals process
* Keep abreast of legislation, regulations and government guidance in respect of development plan documents and associated information
* Proactively monitor timeframes for publication of all development plan documents and associated documents such as supplementary planning documents within an agreed area
* Communicate opportunities to colleagues and clients in accordance with internal procedures
* Coordinate representations across the Company (all regional offices) to ensure any potential conflicts of interest are managed
* Take responsibility for written representations and assist in informal hearings and public inquiries, in accordance with agreed client instructions and guidance from the Director or Planning or other consultants as appropriate
* Undertake training and continuing professional development
* Maintain accurate records and accounts of time spent on work on behalf of clients for billing purposes
* Compliance with health and safety, equal opportunities and other statutory responsibilities
Qualifications, Experience & Ability:
* Achieved or working towards RTPI Accreditation
* A relevant degree in Town Planning
* The ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing, to explain complex plans and proposals to a wide range of customers.
* A good understanding of current planning law and practice
* Excellent negotiation skills including the ability to resolve conflicts
* Extensive project management experience
* With the support of the company, the ability to seek and develop your own client base for the wider good as well as the ability to maintain current client relationships.
* Good team player with excellent interpersonal skills. The ability to interface professionally and socially with a variety of different professional groups
* Ability to manage time and resources efficiently and handle demanding timescales. This may include effective delegation
* IT skills, including the use of Word and planning software packages
If you are a Town Planner or Senior Planner with experience of working in Telecoms, please submit your CV now for consideration for this role