|Job Ref:||204496191||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bury||Address:||Post Code:||BL9||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum pension, BUPA, life assurance||Post Date:||18/10/2016 16:01|
My client is looking for a Project Engineer who is North West based to join them on a permanent basis, and happy to work/lodge away from home Mon-Fri (40 hour week) initially working in Scotland, but to be utilised on additional projects thereafter.|
Please note that contract personnel will also be considered.
They will also get basic salary , BUPA, Pension, 3x Life Assurance, Laptop and Mobile plus paid holidays and Bank Holidays.
Job Spec below;
Role Title: Project Engineer
Reports to: Project Manager & Project Department Manager
Location: Office / Site based
Purpose, Context & Responsibilities
• To organise and control a in full a project or section(s) of a larger project.
• On small to medium size projects, take receipt at sales handover stage and deliver the Project to completion.
• On large size projects, assist Project Manager to the same level as above.
• Liaise with clients, subcontractors and suppliers.
• Receive information from sales department during and after handover to projects department. Review and understand tender pricing methods and documentation and highlight discrepancies.
• In line with defined project sizes, plan, monitor, programme and take control of all aspects of project information. Determine and arrange resource levels, materials requirements and site demands to ensure efficient operation of Projects.
• Review and understand client specifications. Prepare internal specifications and manufacturing details.
• Take a leading role in building services co-ordination exercises in conjunction with any contractual obligations
• Coordinate in full the project requirement with the design and engineering department to ensure that the correct standards, specifications and information is produced in order that the project targets and obligations are achieved.
• Take a leading role in procurement of equipment and materials to comply with requirements and delivery needs.
• Contribute to the commercial management of the project. Be aware of specific project commercial constraints.
• Recognise variations and delays to the tendered scope of works and ensure they are properly recorded.
• Contribute and provide information for the submission of valuations and invoices.
• Supervise others of a lesser grade. Lead by example and show initiative. Develop team spirit and job involvement.
• Carry out accurate site surveys and site measures and demonstrate flexibility in terms of site visiting / being site based as necessary.
• Develop a working relationship with the client and correspond about all aspects of a project.
• Contribute to the preparation of safe systems of work including generation of method statements, risk assessments etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
Be aware of and be familiar with current industry standards and specifications relevant to ventilation systems.
Good communication skills at all levels.
Ability to represent the best interests of the company in direct dealings with clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
A conscientious, positive and reliable attitude to performing the task.
Understanding of company's contractual obligations.
Be aware of and be familiar with different forms of contract.
• Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
• Strong analytical and logical skills
Full UK driving licence
Highly Desirable (but not essential)
• HNC or above in building services based subject.
• Working knowledge of Powerpoint Key
Project Manager • Project Department Manager • Purchasing Manager