|Job Ref:||204510473||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Mid Cornwall||Address:||Salary:||£26000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 15:59|
Assistant Quantity Surveyor|
Salary c£26,000 depending on experience
Assistant Quantity Surveyor required for successful, expanding company working on diverse projects including heritage, new build sites, renovation and bespoke one-off new builds.
The ideal Assistant Quantity Surveyor applicant will need to be able to demonstrate drive and commitment to deliver the highest standards within diverse projects.
You will need the following for the Assistant Quantity Surveyor:
• Experience of working in a construction environment within a QS role;
• To be able to demonstrate your enthusiasm, ability and passion to work on diverse projects.
• Ability to read and understand construction drawings;
• Attention to detail and work accurately;
• Strong numeracy and financial management skills;
• Ability to write clear and precise reports;
• Be able to demonstrate an understanding of business acumen and financial awareness;
• The ability to work well as part of a team within a busy environment;
• Ability to work with minimum supervision;
• Enthusiasm to learn, develop and grow within the role.
• 5 GCSEs Grades A-C (or equivalent) including English and Maths is essential
• 2 A' Levels Grades A-C desirable
This Assistant Quantity Surveyor position is ideally suited to applicants looking to progress their career in the construction industry across multi-disciplines within the sector.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to become part of a dedicated, friendly team creating some of Cornwall's most luxurious residential properties alongside heritage, renovation and new site builds.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
• Responsibility, ownership and accountability for the successful management of designated project(s);
• Assisting with pre-start planning and programming;
• Subcontract procurement, commercial management and control of accounts with minimal supervision;
• Assisting with materials procurement;
• To assist managing the day to day cost control, monitoring and reporting;
• Develop an understanding of the contract, ensuring compliance with conditions throughout;
• Measure progress, submit valuations, submit final accounts and retention;
• Where appropriate, assist with estimates and negotiations for the future projects or phases;
• Manage the costs on a project to ensure both the company and the client(s) are fully advised of the cost situation;
• Assist in ensuring the company is fully compliant with Health & Safety;
• Ensure timely cash flow management for the client, company and its supply chain;
• Maintain and develop professional relationships with the client, to help future business releases and monitor receipt of payment in a timely manner in accordance with the contracts;
• Assist with monthly cost/valuation reports.
Job Ref: AN6372
Anew South West is acting as an employment agency
Please apply now or call (Apply online only) for further information on the Assistant Quantity Surveyor