|Job Ref:||204509066||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||18/10/2016 15:59|
My client is actively seeking to appoint a Project Manager ASAP with solid experience of M&E experience on high value projects and strong NEC contract ,Rail and Nuclear experience.|
My client will consider full time permanent staff appointments for PM,s from the North West prepared to lodge away from home Mon-Fri working a 40 hour week and have an extensive remuneration package available to candidates, who would then be utilised on other projects in the UK. They will also consider Contractors and have a daily rate all in on offer for suitable contract candidates.
Staff salary & package and contract rate to be discussed on application.
Role Title: Project Manager
Reports to: Construction Manager / Operations Director
Location: Office / Site Based
Purpose, Context & Responsibilities
• To manage, control and deliver either a large complex project or a number of smaller projects simultaneously to the satisfaction of both the company and client
• This responsibility can begin at tender or negotiations stage or commencement of Project on site.
• To ensure that all statutory and company health and safety requirements are met
• To ensure that company procedures are complied with and that relevant information is communicated with the project staff.
• To administer the contract in accordance with the companies scope and role.
• To develop good relationships with the client and potential clients along with their respective advisors
• To work with the Operations Director ensuring that the projects are adequately staffed by suitably qualified and experienced staff and that future needs are identified
• To maximise the project margin & control costs
• To ensure that as far as is reasonably practicable the company is protected during contract negotiations, on-site works and post contract discussions, and to ensure that records are maintained throughout the project delivery.
• To foster relationships with suitable senior consultants/subcontractor personnel
• By working with heads of individual departments ensure that staff training is kept up to date and that 'fast track' personnel are identified and progressed accordingly
• Lead by example setting the required standards of behaviour and conduct for the project
• Communicate the Company and Project strategy with the project team ensuring the objectives are met and understood, and liaise with the departmental teams and members to ensure that project needs are achieved.
• Liaise with the procurement lead during the tender/negotiation/construction period
• Manage the programme of works Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
Good communication skills at all levels are required, via all mediums.
Good knowledge of the heating and ventilation industry, manufacturing techniques and site installation methods.
Ability to represent the best interests of the company in direct dealings with clients, suppliers and sub-contractors.
Be aware of costs likely to be incurred by decisions made.
Understanding of the companies contractual obligations.
A good working knowledge of the operation of safe systems of work.
An ability to develop client relationships at all levels.
Be aware of differing forms of contract
A conscientious, positive and reliable attitude to performing the task.
Full UK driving licence
Highly Desirable (but not essential)
Degree / HND or HNC
Membership of a Professional Body
Key Relationships •
Client • Operations Director • Construction Manager • Project Engineers • Purchasing Manager