|Job Ref:||204512988||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||London/Surrey/South East||Address:||Salary:||£60000 - £70000/annum Benefits package||Post Date:||18/10/2016 15:59|
Our client is one of the leading rail infrastructure suppliers in the UK. From feasibility studies, planning and design through to implementation and asset management, they provide multi-disciplinary rail infrastructure services across the lifecycle of rail assets. Their expertise covers electrification, track, power, signalling, civils, specialist rail plant, railway systems and technologies.|
They deliver design and engineering services in Electrification, Permanent Way and Civil Engineering for railways, offering a full range of support through a project life cycle from feasibility studies to detailed design and beyond.
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Bid Manager to join their Working Winning team in the South East. The Work Winning department brings together the Business Development, Marketing, Tendering & Estimating Functions. The position will report to the Head of Work Winning and Acquisitions and include supporting business development in winning business by developing and managing capture plans. The successful candidate will manage the development of proposals in accordance with the capture plans in response to customer invitations to tender, to deliver high quality proposals within the required time-scales.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Development and management of the capture plan and capture activities in close collaboration with business development
• Develop the proposal strategy and proposal plan
• Identify the resource requirements
• Manage delivery of the proposal to time and budget
• Manage the proposal team to develop proposal content that accurately represent the solution being offered
• Understand the complete work winning lifecycle from opportunity identification to contract award
• Work with the Delivery Units to develop the solution
• Organise and chair regular proposal team meetings
• Ensure that the proposal answers all the customer questions and instructions
• Support governance activities throughout the proposal period
• Manage compliance with processes and ensure quality standards are maintained across the team(s), recommending improvements where necessary
• Proactively manage the implementation of the behavioural safety programme and Sustainability 2020 Roadmap, across the team(s)
• Manage, coach and develop talented teams to deliver high performance
• Leadership and influencing skills
• Strong team planning and organisation skills
• Target focused, effective communicator both verbally and in writing
• Good knowledge of work winning best practice
• Experience of managing capture and proposals for complex opportunities in engineering or related environments.
• Team Management of proposals teams (of 10 or more people.)
• Knowledge of engineering project delivery in rail or related industries
• Experience of proposals/bidding in highly regulated environments
This challenging and exciting opportunity, requires an individual with a strong commercial and work winning background and demonstrable experience within the rail sector. A highly attractive basic salary plus extensive benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate, along with longevity of work and forward career progression.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, religion/belief or nationality