|Job Ref:||204568703||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Essex||Address:||Post Code:||SS14||Salary:||£60000 - £70000/annum Pension, Healthcare, Car Allowance||Post Date:||18/10/2016 15:55|
Senior Design Coordinator or Design Manager - Essex - £Excellent|
My client, a leading top tier contractor, are looking for a Design Manager or experienced Design Coordinator to join their Essex office to begin work on an exciting 225 unit residential scheme from inception to completion.
You will initially be brought on to work on a new build £5m residential development. Reporting directly to the Technical Manager the role will require you to lead the pre-construction phase and manage the delivery of high quality drawn information, developed to programme and within budget, which complies with all statutory approvals.
Your responsibilities will involve some of the following:
• Obtaining and processing competitive quotations from consultants, utility companies and Local Authorities to create accurate fee schedules and to achieve optimum pricing
• Managing the design development process as part of the pre-con team
• Creating and managing all design programmes ensuring that they enable information to be provided timely, accurately and within budget
• Leading tender launch meetings when required and ensuring that all information provided to the Estimator is in keeping with the ER's, and developing this into well considered contractors proposals to eliminate risk
• Obtaining early approval to planning consent conditions and achieving 'unconditional' approval to Building Regulations applications and obtain other relevant approvals to eliminate risk
• Developing strong working relationship internally and externally by spending appropriate time on site
• Liaising with pre-construction and production teams to resolve design queries in a prompt and comprehensive manner
Ideal candidates for this role will have several years' experience working in a Main contractor with RC frame experience and excellent communication skills.
As part of this company, not only will you be working for a top 10 main contractor but you will also have the opportunity to work on some of the most exciting construction projects in the UK, in a fast-paced environment. You will also receive a good remuneration package and flexible benefits