|Job Ref:||204567344||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£200 - £250/day||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:08|
We are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor on behalf of a leading Groundwork, Civil Engineering and Highways contractor who operate throughout London and the South East.
The Quantity Surveyor will work as part of the Commercial Management team to ensure the prompt financial completion of projects throughout London and Hertfordshire.
• Providing commercial support for Groundworks and Civil Engineering projects.
• Understand the contractual requirements of project documents including the roles and responsibilities of all involved
• Liaise with the client, client representatives and other 3rd parties on commercial issues.
• Cost management for project/section of works
• Understand forecast cost to completion
• Preparation of interim and final accounts
• Risk and opportunity management for project/section of works
• Management of known and newly identified risks and opportunities
• Identification and implementation of mitigation measures
• Ensure all involved in procurement for project understand allowances for items they are responsible for and the procedures to be followed
• Maintain procurement schedules
• Prepare subcontract documentation, issue enquiries, and negotiate agreements including interim and final accounts
• Prepare quarterly forecasts
Skills & Attributes
• BSc or HND in Quantity Surveying or other equivalent construction related subject
• Demonstrable commercial experience, preferably within Civil Engineering/Groundworks.
• Preferably qualified or working towards RICS accreditation but not essential
• Financially astute
• Good communication skills