|Job Ref:||204567414||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 15:58|
Design Manager: Construction |
£45,000 - £50,000 Plus Car Allowance + Pension + Healthcare + 25 days holiday
Our client are a leading construction main contractor who are now looking to recruit a Design Manager to join their established team in the North West
As the Design Manager you will assist with the management of the design on a range of commercial, residential and public sector construction projects.
As the Design Manager you will be responsible for the following areas:
• Assist the Senior Design Manager to produce the project specific designer agreements using the company standard format, except where novation agreements already exist, scope of services and the design management plan ensuring they are agreed and fully understood by all parties.
• Produce agree and manage, with all relevant parties, a realistic design programme and information required schedule to satisfy design, procurement and construction requirements.
• Manage the design on site with where appropriate the assistance of other site based resource implementing the design management procedures to ensure the timely production of information.
• Where applicable manage/assist in the production of the Contractors proposals, ensuring they are complete, unambiguous, and have been reviewed by the bid team, and have been updated to include all post tender negotiations.
• Ensure that all design deliverables are reviewed to establish they are within budget, are fully coordinated and are buildable.
• Review the design with respect to mitigating Health and Safety issues prior to construction.
• Ensure the project team are working to the agreed Contractors Proposals.
• Where nominated control design change process management.
• Where nominated organise and chair regular design team meetings.
• Provide guidance to the project team on design related issues.
• Assist the Principal/Senior Design Manager in the implementation of Continuous Improvement programmes and innovation.
The successful Design Manager will possess the following skills & attributes
•Proven track record of working within a design capacity in the construction industry
•Previously worked on design projects up to £20million
•Proven experience of controlling costs, timing and quality in line with targets
•Multiple or large scale project delivery
•Reading and accurately interpreting drawings and technical specifications
•Ability to use and navigate design package software
•Interaction with customers