|Job Ref:||204565887||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Post Date:||18/10/2016 15:54|
Senior QS/ Quantity Surveyor |
Property - Education, Health, Commercial, Public sector
Location - Sheffield
Senior QS/ Quantity Surveyor - Property
My client are client are looking for to join our award winning, growing Cost Management team in Leeds, working within my clients Property team. There are long term secured frameworks with national and regional organisations within the following sectors - Retail, Commercial, Industrial, Health, Education, Local Authority.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to progress within our business and receive a competitive salary and benefits package. There will also be the opportunity to support internal business initiatives and development, in order to offer our people an all-round exposure to the business.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate consultancy experience and have, or be working towards, professional membership of the RICS.
Senior QS/ Quantity Surveyors handle commissions of varying sizes, depending upon the complexity of the project, etc. For example a Cost Manager / Quantity Surveyor might be the Commission Manager for a high value construction project or have commissioning responsibilities for a package of a much larger overall contract.
Main Purpose of the Role
• To perform the role of the Commission Manager, taking responsibility for end to end service delivery, often with respect to large or complex commissions.
• To act as the key, day to day client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met through the delivery of a value added cost management service.
• Financial management
• Project involvement
• Opportunity and bid management
• Business management and product development
Perform in a customer facing environment, providing specialist Cost Management advice to a range of internal and external Clients across the built environment sectors. This will include but not be limited to the following areas:
• Feasibility cost planning
• Design option appraisals
• Part measured and fully measured cost planning
• Budget management and reconciliation
• Risk management value engineering
• All aspects of tendering and procurement
• Preparation of contract documentation
• Budget reconciliation
Post contract cost control incorporating;
• Agreement of final account
• Claims resolution
• Contractor close out
• Performance appraisal
My client is a leading global construction consultancy whose experts work with organisations to deliver maximum value from their assets.
Working on many of the world's largest programmes from our global network of 87 offices, our 3,900 staff shape our industry. They help our clients save money with our programme, project and cost management services.
We also provide an integrated suite of management services to deliver assets that improve the performance of our clients' businesses. Together with our set of specialist asset and property management services, we put passion into applying new ideas throughout the asset life cycle