|Job Ref:||204566379||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£60000 - £70000/annum package||Post Date:||18/10/2016 15:59|
Privately owned multi-disciplinary engineering and property consultancy are currently expanding their London Building Services Design team and are seeking to appoint an Associate Mechanical Design Engineer to lead their London Mechanical Design Engineering team. The role offers an excellent opportunity for progression to a senior role within their business as they continue to expand their Building Services offering in London.|
Established over 25 years this privately owned organisation pride themselves on the exceptional work / life balance they offer their staff, and their commitment to providing individuals the platform to undertake continued professional development to chartered status and beyond.
As a multi-disciplinary consultancy they possess the ability to provide a comprehensive range of services across building services design and management, building and quantity surveying, project, management, architecture & master-planning, structural engineering, sustainability and health & safety. They undertake projects from unique one off projects to major multi-million pound developments within the;
* Urban regeneration.
* Affordable Housing,
Reporting into the London MEP Partner the successful Associate Mechanical Design Engineer will undertake a lead engineer role on projects valued from £1m to £300m across the retail, commercial and residential sectors. The post will incorporate leading client engage and the full design process with duties include;
* Take a leading role in the MEP design team and manage an interdisciplinary M&E team on a wide range of commercial, residential and education projects from £1m - £300m.
* Manage projects to design low energy and renewable technology to meet with regulation and planning requirements.
* Work with the internal senior team to develop the M&E group resource and workloads.
* Take an active role in the management of the group to expand and develop new and existing business.
* Develop and present project design proposals to a client following the external brief and internal discussions so that client requirements are met, acting as either lead internal consultant or as member of a team.
* Prepare, ready for tender, specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules and contract documentation.
* Issue in conjunction with the client, contract documentation to tender, adjudicate and recommend appropriate contractor to meet project requirements.
* Establish and agree clear responsibility as lead internal consultant for the project.
* When acting as lead Consultant undertake all aspects of project management as defined by the client in his letter of appointment.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in the design and management of mechanical services systems, gained working in the UK for either a consultancy or MEP contractor. Qualifications to at least HNC / HND level are essential with CEng qualification being beneficial.
What's on offer?
This awarding consultancy are able to offer staff clear progression and support with engineers having been supported to gain qualifications to PhD level and to progression within the business to Partner level. Additionally a competitive salary and benefits package is on offer along side a healthy work life balance.
Resourcing Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy