|Job Ref:||204566683||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Hackney||Address:||Post Code:||DE4||Salary:||£24000/annum + O/T + van||Post Date:||18/10/2016 15:59|
WORKSHOP TOOL FITTER|
Position: Workshop Tool Fitter
£24k DOE + van for the right candidate
Hours: Monday to Friday with alternate Saturday mornings
Our client is one of the UK's leading construction equipment hire companies having a large portfolio of hire and service centres in the London Regions and Essex, supplying a wide range of tools and heavy plant machinery.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate as they believe that in this extremely competitive market that every employee has an important role to play in delivering exceptional customer service and are committed to providing the right environment to further develop your skills in the workplace.
To further enhance their successful team they are currently seeking a Fitter for their depot based in the East London region within the tool hire department.
Repairing and maintaining a range of small tools and generators in the workshop and on site as required, so previous experience in a similar role will be essential as well as the ability to provide excellent customer service.
You will be recording all faults and rectifications and so a good level of verbal and written communication skills is required.
This role will suit a diesel/petrol/electrical engineer with good diagnostic skills and a flexible working attitude. You will also need to have great customer service skills as you will be representing the company on site breakdowns.
Responsibilities of the Plant Fitter
* Attending breakdowns on site as well as carrying out PDIs and repairs in the workshop
* Must have a hands on approach, servicing and repairing all types of construction equipment including electrical and mechanical repairs.
* Able to perform administration tasks and complete all paperwork accurately and on time
* Work well under pressure and retain a positive attitude to customer service
* Maintain Health and Safety to Company standards
* Working as part of a team in a workshop as well as on site
Requirements of the Plant Fitter
* PAT Testing certificate
* The ability to service, fault find and repair accordingly
* Good communication skills
* Previous experience with petrol/diesel engines along with small tool repairs.
* Driving Licence
The ideal candidate will be located in the following areas; Newham, Camden, Islington, Haringey, Waltham Forest, Redbridge, Barking, Dagenham, Chigwell, Havering, Loughton, Enfield and surrounding areas