|Job Ref:||204566914||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||St. Albans||Address:||Post Code:||AL1||Salary:||£20 - £25.43/hour||Post Date:||18/10/2016 15:59|
Hours per week: 37 hours
PROCUREMENT PROJECTS OFFICER
To provide day to day procurement services in order to meet Council needs and to achieve good value.
* Provide technical advice on procurement to internal customers. This would involve advising internal customers on the most appropriate way to source their requirements to achieve the most competitive price and most appropriate product or service.
* Develop sources of supply to support the delivery of the Council's requirements in order to obtain best value.
* Undertake all technical tasks associated with purchasing goods and services from an external provider.
* Provide a range of administrative support in relation to procurement. This would involve writing correspondence, taking minutes and producing performance information.
* Researching, analysing and presenting complex data in formats to support service and corporate needs. This would also include maintaining accurate records and developing appropriate databases to support effective procurement actions.
* Build good working relationships with a wide range of community, private, public and voluntary organisations to facilitate prompt and efficient service and obtain best value for the Council.
* To carry out other duties commensurate with the grade of the post as directed by the Commercial & Contracts Manager , or his/her nominee, from time to time
* Ability to use IT systems to facilitate the delivery of the service (up to eight hours)
* Ability to conduct the duties of the post whilst dealing with substantial interruptions from suppliers and staff (constant)
* Ability to analyse and evaluate qualitative and quantitative data and make sound judgements in relation to the service (weekly)
* Ability to concentrate to input and maintain accurate databases and records (hourly)
* Ability to prioritise workload in light of changing circumstances (daily)
* Ability to work independently and act on own initiative (daily)
* GCSE in Maths and English at Grade C or above, or alternative qualifications at this level
* A level education, or equivalent
* HND or Degree educated ideally with a business related qualification
* Working towards CIPS professional qualification
* Commitment to, and a clear understanding of, the issues related to equality of opportunity
* Good working knowledge of procurement policies and procedures
* Knowledge and understanding of public sector procurement's including EU procurement.
* Knowledge and understanding of the principles of good customer care
* Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of software
* Experience of general procurement processes/purchasing and evaluation of products
* Experience of data input and analysis
* Experience of developing systems to improve administrative management
* Experience of working effectively in a customer/service orientated organisation
* Experience of producing timely and appropriate performance information, reports and statistics
* Experience of conducting efficient business support duties (answering telephones, filing, invoicing, performance reporting etc.)
* Experience of operating purchasing systems such as the FMS procurement system, e-procurement systems and the e-Market place
* Experience of web-page editing
* Experience of working in a local authority environment
If you have the relevant experience then please apply with your most recent CV