|Job Ref:||204568612||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum +Package||Post Date:||18/10/2016 15:55|
Role: Project/Quantity Surveyor |
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 plus package
Our client is a large, national contractor, who requires an additional Project Surveyor to aid the commercial department. The company operates in a number of sectors including; commercial, retail and industrial.
Our client is looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor able to manage their own projects with limited supervision, working on 1-2 projects between £2-4m, due to their current projects these will be commercial cat A/B fit outs. Our client has a low staff turnover, with a good office environment and team to work in.
They offer attractive salaries and remuneration packages, which are dependent on the candidate's experience.
• Procuring subcontractors
• Subcontract payments
• Provide cost estimates
• Carry out and provide accurate measure, costing and working within budget and margins
• Experience in applying cost coding
• Monthly cost reporting
• Provide post contract work through managing subcontractors and claims
• Measurement of variation works
• Work in association with Project Managers and Site Managers to ensure contract requirements and deadlines are met
• Work within the team to ensure delivery of requirements and all work meets required standards
• Ensure all paperwork for project is kept up to date
• Preferably some post qualification experience in a main contracting role within the refurbishment industry.
• Enthusiastic / Hard working and Knowledgeable
• Thorough with attention to detail
• BSc/HND in Quantity Surveying or relevant degree or equivalent qualifications/experience
• You will need a excellent level of experience running projects
• Willingness to travel to various locations as job may require occasionally, travel expenses would be paid.
• Understanding of Fit-out/Main Contracts Works