|Job Ref:||204568484||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Reigate||Address:||Post Code:||RH2||Salary:||£300/day||Post Date:||18/10/2016 15:55|
Sub - Contract Procurement / Quantity Surveyor |
£300 - £300 per day
6 Months Contract
Aim of the Role
To provide Pre and Post contract Sub-Contract Procurement support.
* Working in consultation with the pre and post-contract project management team to develop and implement the project procurement strategy aligned to the Sector Supply Chain management strategy.
* Lead the development of Sub-Contract works packages.
* Work with the Sector Supply Chain Manager in agreeing tender lists.
* Assist with the production of the project Sub-Contract procurement schedule.
* Where pre procurement has been identified within the procurement strategy assist with analysis of quotations, lead negotiations with prospective Sub-Contractors, attending post tender interviews where required, to develop robust, commercially competitive Sub-Contract package bids from key supply chain members, thereby offsetting risk and procuring guaranteed margins for incorporation within the bid.
* Tender enquiry management, analysis of returns and recommendations for best value procurement route (inc labour, plant and material configuration options)
* Where required engage with the supply chain to investigate value engineering opportunities and ensure any tenders proposed is properly understood and valued prior to submission.
* Placing of Sub-Contract orders and management of the subcontract execution process.
The Sub-Contract Buyer will typically be responsible for procurement of 4 projects at any one time from Pre to Post Contract.
The position is likely to suit a dynamic team player with a 'can do' attitude.
An understanding of the construction process and industry standard procurement procedures is a pre-requisite of the role and a good understanding of standard construction forms of contract will be a distinct advantage.
Strong negotiation and communication skills are prerequisite as is an ability to factor in both project level and sector level considerations when determining the best value procurement strategy.
The role requires attendance at both Office locations , London and Reiagte.
The role reports functionally and operationally to the Supply Chain Director.
All applicants will be reviews over the next 2 weeks
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business