|Job Ref:||204563325||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sandy||Address:||Post Code:||SG19||Salary:||£50000 - £65000/annum Car/Allowance, Pension||Post Date:||18/10/2016 15:59|
TOP 10 HOUSING DEVELOPER - QUANTITY SURVEYOR - PERMANENT |
A top 10 housing developer is looking to recruit an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their fast growing Commercial Team based within our Eastern region. Employing 22,000 people, with a turnover of over £4bn and an order book of £9.5bn, they have the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service (or asset management) contracts in the country.
* Preparing cost to complete documentation in line with the commercial timetable, ensuring financial accuracy when predicting profitability for each scheme.
* Produce accurate monthly accruals.
* Assess exactitude of subcontract valuations/applications for payment, forwarding approved documentation onto the relevant departments.
* Apply risk, value management and cost control mechanisms.
* Undertaking costs analysis comparisons for sub-contracts from tender enquiry to analysis and contract placement.
* Professionally manage subcontracts from first valuation through to final account.
* Ensure predicted profitability is upheld through the lifecycle of the development.
* Accurate quarterly cash flow forecast of Roads & Sewers spend.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
* Thorough understanding of quantity surveying in the house building industry
* Thorough understanding of financial reporting, contractual terms and conditions and statutory requirements
* Good analytical skills and the ability to apply common sense in all situations
* Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
* Customer and delivery focused
* Full driving licence essential
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record within the house building industry for a minimum of 3 years. They must be highly organised, familiar with co-ordinating multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive on working to deadlines Excellent communication skills, proficient with IT and a high attention to detail, are qualities they will possess, in addition to being self motivated, professional, positive and a team player
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.