|Job Ref:||204519599||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Kent||City:||Kent||Address:||Post Code:||TN23||Salary:||£35000 - £60000/annum £35k - £60k + Pkge||Post Date:||14/10/2016 04:01|
Kent II Civil Engineering
£35k - £60k + Bens (DOE)
Our client has been established for over 50 years and is one of the largest, privately owned civil engineering contractors based in the UK with an estimated turnover of £80m per annum. They complete various projects including highways, Groundworks, Structures, Marine/Coastal Defence, Waste Treatment and more. Their projects values range from £50k to £15m but typical values are £1m - £2.5m.
Their Regional Office based in Kent are now seeking to appoint a Quantity Surveyor to join their team to be financially responsible for multiple for Environmental Agency projects throughout the South East area with values ranging from £2k to £3m with typical projects averaging £1.5m. You will manage the projects in their entirety from initial tender stage through to final account and be responsible for an Assistant QS and other relevant members of the team.
• Have a relevant Degree in Quantity Surveying - highly beneficial but not essential
• Three years experience working within a UK contractor preferably civil engineering.
• Experience of NEC, ICE and JCT Forms of contract
• Demonstrate experience in managing projects from inception through to final account with values of up to £3m.
• Have excellent communication skills and be IT Literate
• Be highly motivated with a strong desire to achieve
• Must have a stable work history
• Reside within reasonable commuting distance
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated QS looking for a new position that offers on-going training and career development opportunities.
Salary: £35k - £60k
Car / Car Allowance
Pension & Life Assurance
29 Days Annual Leave
Please forward a full CV in the first instance.
MSB Recruitment Ltd is an Employment Agency working within the building, civil engineering and logistics sectors throughout the UK