|Job Ref:||204454386||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Shropshire||City:||Shrewsbury||Address:||Post Code:||SY1||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 16:01|
£40,000 - £45,000 per Annum (D.O.E)
37.5 hours per week
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Quantity Surveyor on behalf of our client who is a successful and growing business based in Shropshire. Due to growth they are looking to add an additional Quantity Surveyor to their commercial contracts department. This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor looking to join a company who are willing to invest in the continual professional development of their workforce. Upon joining the company you will be working with a team on the cutting edge of BIM to assist with measures and take offs. You will have excellent opportunities to expand professional knowledge in modern construction methods and alternatives.
• Review tender and enquiry information and screening and clearly flagging up any contractual or commercial benefits or hazards
• Providing clear and realistic solutions on avoidance of hazards, or how benefits could be capitalized upon
• Leading and controlling the estimating process for pricing up of tenders or enquiries.
• Effectively contributing toward the tender / enquiry strategy meeting in terms of compliance etc
• Reviewing of Contracts issued and ensures that the agreement is in accordance with pre tender information
• Reviewing tender documentation and raising any risk / legal concerns accordingly
• Constantly communicating with the clients regarding clarifications in regards to the acceptability of any 'non compliances' or alternatives within the proposal
• Involving the supply chain department with the estimating process and cost control and providing estimates when needed
To be considered for this role it is essential you are qualified to BSc Level (or equivalent) within a commercial management or quantity surveying discipline. Ideally you will also possess similar experience within a similar role. You will have excellent project management skills and be able to control cost, negotiate with suppliers and track processes. Some flexibility to travel to active site projects will also be required.
Prince Personnel are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Whether you're seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment or contract you'll find us easy to deal with. Located in thriving Telford, we focus on jobs in Shropshire, Staffordshire and North Wales. Prince Personnel specialise in commercial, accounts and finance and technical recruitment. With the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.