|Job Ref:||204411067||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Middlesex||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£85000 - £95000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 15:59|
£85,000 to £95,000 per annum + Car Allowance + Package
MSL Recruitment are proud to be recruiting for this extremely successful MEP business. The business operates predominantly across the South East of the UK and through their dedicated approach, steady growth and family values they're now looking at expanding the commercial team.
As a result, we're looking for a Commercial Manager to join the company on a permanent basis to integrate with their commercial team on a number of exciting projects across London.
As a Commercial Manager your main purpose is manage the commercial team on multiple projects to achieve the following: -
To maximise project margin and add value to the construction process by proactive involvement in procurement, cost management and reporting. To drive best value from suppliers and subcontractors. To carry out monthly financial reviews on projects and forecast final outturn values for cost, sales and margin. Maximise value of monthly applications and measurement and submission of contract variations. Timely submission and negotiation of final accounts to the client / main contractor and subcontractors.
- Monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs and sales
- Prepare and monitor project cash flow
- Measure, value, submit and negotiate contract variations
- Provide advice to project staff on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence
- Prepare, submit and negotiate project final accounts
- Commercial vetting of subcontractor tenders and contracts
- Certificating subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts
- Ensure that business commercial processes are adhered to at a project level
- Assist in project targeting and costing budgets
- Client facing
- Communicate regularly with project staff and specialist subcontractors to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times
- Manage and produce accurate formal reports in accordance with business timetable
- Monitor all commercial information relating to the project (labour, material, prelim and subcontractor cost forecasting) ensuring budgets are adhered to
- Assist and supply Associate Commercial Directors from time to time
Skill Requirements -
- Technically qualified in Quantity Surveying / Cost Management. We will consider non-qualified individuals with demonstrable commercial experience
- Minimum 10 years QS experience, ideally within a MEP contracting organisation
- Experience in managing a project commercial team
- Demonstrable experience in JCT contracts
- Be able to provide both summarised and detailed reports, on current activities.
- Commercially astute, numerate, risk averse & able to accurately forecast cost & sales
- IT literate, organised and a team motivator / player.
Personal Attributes -
The company portray a friendly, family culture and it's important for candidates to come across on a personal level. As a guide, we're looking for presentable, smart professionals with a good can do attitude to work and is able to motivate and communicate across all levels of seniority from workface to senior management