|Job Ref:||204379066||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cumbria||Address:||Post Code:||CA9||Post Date:||18/10/2016 15:59|
We are retained by one of Europe's leading manufacturers of TIMBER PRODUCTS who due to continued success in the UK market place are seeking to recruit a professional INTERNAL SALES PERSON in CUMBRIA |
Reporting to: Office Manager
Working within the merchant team you will be responsible for supporting and maintaining named 'key' merchant accounts and the development of new business in the merchant sector in order to achieve the long term merchant growth and profitability. You will successfully convert customer enquiries into profitable sales and contact new leads and lost/lapsed customers following marketing campaigns and using information provided by Business Manager, Sales, Commercial and Marketing to generate business
• Make proactive outbound calls to new leads and lost/ lapsed customers to generate business including following up on quotes
• Identify opportunities for sales and business development to generate sales growth
• Promotion of new products to existing customer base and following up on new leads.
• Work closely with and support the external merchant business managers.
• Contact potential customers following marketing campaigns
• Establish strong relationships with key personnel in the merchant sector as agreed via Line Manager.
• Act as the main point of contact for merchant enquiries, ensuing customers are dealt with in a professional manner & receive exceptional customer service, meeting targets for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Achieve agreed sales targets and meet agreed Key Performance Indicators.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
• Proven sales experience gained in a similar industry/ business to business, results driven & tenacious
• Strong planning, organisation and evaluating skills
• Self motivated with the ability to work with a minimum of supervision
• A team player with a flexible approach at all times
• Effective communication skills
• Customer focussed with sound commercial skills.
• IT literate.
• Demonstrates a good level of numeracy
Salary Negotiable basic dependent upon experience + excellent results driven rewards