|Job Ref:||204372542||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Nottingham||Address:||Post Code:||NG7||Post Date:||18/10/2016 15:59|
Our client is seeking to employ an Experienced Quantity Surveyor for their regional offices in Nottingham.|
Their company is one of the largest privately-owned Civil Engineering contractors operating across the UK. They are a well-respected and established business concentrating on Highways works and Heavy Civil Engineering projects.
The successful Quantity Surveyor will be assisting on and running projects throughout Nottingham and the East Midlands and will be involved in the full array of Quantity Surveyor duties.
• Preparing plans, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
• On-site measurement and measurement of drawings as required
• Identifying potential risks and evaluate options for control
• Feasibility studies of clients requests
• Preparation of Subcontracts
• Analysing sub-contractors quotations
• Preparation and agreeing variation accounts
• Preparation and agreeing of interim valuations and final accounts
• Prepare and issue certification for contract payments to sub-contractors
• Providing evidence for resolution of disputes
• Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedure
Skills & Experience:
• Able to demonstrate innovative approaches to problem solving and the ability to negotiate across the various levels of any construction environment as well as handle the financial and mathematical demands of the role by possessing impressive numeracy and IT skills.
• Must have experience working on highways and structure schemes and 5 years' experience as a QS working with the NEC form of contract. RICS or ICES would be desirable but not essential.
• Salary Negotiable based on Experience
• Life Assurance
• Company Pension Scheme
• 25 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
• Childcare Voucher Scheme
If you feel you have the right skills and experience to suit this position please send your CV and covering letter for the attention of David Stevens