|Job Ref:||204364316||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum plus car and benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 16:01|
We are working alongside a successful main civil engineering contractor to recruit a Planner to join the Leeds office. The main purpose of the role will be to prepare analytical programmes for a given project to be used within the tender submission. Following the submission of the tender you will be required to attend meetings and record all changes to the tender programme. Other duties will include assisting the Senior Estimator and Estimating Manager in the preparation of the overall bid as necessary.|
Ideally you will have gained a significant understanding of the civil engineering discipline from time worked on site before moving into a Planning role.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
• Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
• Attend project start-up meetings.
• Attend site visits.
• Prepare and maintain detailed engineering and construction schedules including development of critical path and project float.
• In conjunction with Senior Estimator establish the plan and document scope, develop project schedules and or preliminary cost estimates.
• Maintain liaison with Estimating Manager regarding project planning by conducting analyses and preparing reports.
• Make presentations to Estimating Manager, Senior Management& Clients as required.
• Monitor hours and costs to determine trends and to assist in forecasting.
• Evaluate scope changes, cost trends, additional work orders and other elements.
• Ensure the maintenance of all essential documentation.
• Competent use of industry software in particular Primavera P6.
• Prepares project budgets and cost estimates, schedules and coordinates resources and tasks to complete projects on approved budget with aid of Senior Estimator.
• Participates in the development of timetables and schedules for projects.
• Coordinates the review of estimated design costs including equipment, installation, labour, materials, preparations, and other related costs.
• Coordinates projects with all affected parties to ensure projects are completed on schedule and government regulations and health and safety requirements are maintained.
• Participate in, and positively promote, the Murphy Culture Development Culture (leading to Zero Harm)
• HNC (Construction related)
• CSCS Card - Gold
• Full clean driving licence
• IOSH Managing Safely
• Quality Management
• CDM Awareness
• Extensive experience of civil engineering contracting as a project manager / agent
• Active experience of working with a wide range of planning techniques in serving both tendering and contract delivery.
• A clear understanding of the commercial and contractual interfaces with the planning function.
• Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft packages, including Microsoft Project.
In terms of personal qualities or attributes we are looking for candidates who are able to:
• Carry out analysis of all available data to arrive at viable options and organising information to identify the key issues and plan appropriately.
• Assess simple data within laid down guidelines.
• Demonstrate a rational approach to decision making, assessing data within laid down guidelines; Discuss problems / issues and suggest possible solutions.
• Appreciate the time, cost and quality implications of their job role.
• Show the desire to improve self / others performance, taking a creative approach to develop new responses to changing business conditions.
• Assimilate large amounts of complex data; assessing risks and gains against business criteria to generate sound planning answers.
• Recognise the need to build individual accountability; linking needs and plans with HR strategy for their area and being actively involved in developing their team.
If you are interested in this role please forward your CV and you will be contacted by the relevant consultant.
Regum Ltd is operating as a recruitment agency in respect of this role