|Job Ref:||204363569||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Surrey||Address:||Post Code:||KT15||Salary:||£50000/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 04:00|
Estimator - Surrey |
I am recruiting for an Estimator with surveying experience to join a busy team, based in Surrey.
My client focuses on New Build, Refurbishment and Design & Build projects in London and the South of England up to a value of £6M. A position has arisen for a qualified estimator to work closely with the Management Team to provide an excellent service, secure work and develop our client base.
• Taking tenders from initial enquiry to submission.
• Provision of timely and accurate estimates
• Analyse contract documentation and prepare accurate subcontractor packages for pricing.
• Maintaining an updated cost base
• Liaise and negotiate with sub-contractors and suppliers
• Active participation in adjudication meetings
• Requirement to carry out some surveying duties when necessary
• Maintain good relationships with prospective clients and professionals to promote further tender invitations.
• Previous estimating experience of at least 5 years with a contractor in a similar role
• Knowledge of building material components, building regulations, estimating (including taking off) and H&S.
• Computer skills, especially Excel
• Knowledge of contractual procedures and responsibilities
• Good negotiation, influencing and communication skills
• Well-spoken and personable
• Strong analytical and reasoning abilities
• Good organisation skills and attention to detail
• Confident and resourceful
• Evidence of maintaining a professional, consistent and fair approach
• Self-motivated with ability to work alone or in a team
• Organised, problem solving and VE skills as necessary
• Local knowledge of suppliers and subcontractors
• Experience min 4 year post grad - Main Contractor experience
• A construction background with hands on site experience (physical/surveying/craftsman)
• New build/refurb/D&B
• Formal training - working with a biggish outfit
This is paying up to £50k depending on experience. You will also be provided with a company car.
If you feel you are suited to this role please apply to this advert or send your CV to Kaylie Colby
Please only respond to this advert if you have the ability and skills stated above