|Job Ref:||204351350||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Wiltshire||City:||Chippenham||Address:||Salary:||£35000 - £38000/annum Plus overtime||Post Date:||14/10/2016 04:00|
We are seeking an experienced Workshop HGV Technician to join our client who is an excellent employer offering a great place to work along with opportunities to progress.|
The Workshop HGV Technician role reports in to the Workshop Manager and the hours of work are 15:00 - 00:00 Monday to Friday.
The role is as follows;
To maintain, inspect, repair and test vehicles to prescribed standards in accordance with the Department for Transport (DfT), manufacturer and the Business's Operator licence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Workshop HGV Technician:
• To maintain, inspect, repair and test vehicles and/or plant and equipment.
• Prepare, present and accompany HGV vehicles, other than exempt categories, for annual MOT inspections.
• Carry out periodic safety inspections to HGV vehicles to VOSA inspection manual standards.
• Carry out fault diagnosis on complex hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems.
• To carry out welding, fabrication and body repairs as required.
• To attend broken down or accident damaged vehicles and effect permanent or running repairs as required.
• To prepare and decommission vehicles. Fitting and removing a diverse range of ancillary equipment, accessories and livery.
• To complete associated paperwork to ensure that all statistics and legal information are produced, update dedicated workshop computer system as necessary.
• To ensure that all relevant legislation and Health and Safety procedures are adhered to.
• To maintain work areas in a safe and clean condition.
• To attend training courses linked to personnel development reviews and service needs.
• To carry out any other duties as instructed by the supervisory staff, which are commensurate to the grade of this post.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to read and interpret documents
• Ability to meet and deal with colleagues and suppliers with considerable poise, tact, patience, and courtesy
• Ability to travel between Business locations
• Ability to be self-motivated and to work independently or with minimal supervision
• Ability to prioritize and organize multiple task; to meet deadlines
• Ability to maintain high standards of customer care in the context of the Business's Core Values, to uphold health and safety standards and to participate in training activities necessary to the post.
As a Workshop HGV Technician, you must possess at least two years' industry experience, ideally with IRTEC.
To find out more please call me today