|Job Ref:||204337504||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Nuneaton||Address:||Post Code:||CV11||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 04:00|
Quantity Surveyor/Estimator |
I am looking for a Quantity Surveyor/Estimator to join a Surveying/Estimating team for a busy Construction/Demolition Company. You will be required to prepare estimating cost reports or identified projects and manage and coordinate all aspects of designated demolition tender projects.
• To prepare, document and adjudicate (review and sign off) all Tenders with Senior Management
• Identify and develop new prospects and projects with client and on portals.
• Develop and promote Quality Assurance with the tender response.
• Proactively co-ordinating projects and act as central point of contact for the project teams including clients, directors, contract managers, site supervisors and operatives
• Prepare and develop methods and input of planning and monitoring procedures for their tenders.
• Evaluate the bids, preparing acceptance reports and chairing pre-contract meetings, handover of tender documentation to include clarity of requirements
• Prepare subcontractor enquiries, review quotes, place orders and manage sub-contractor accounts
• Identification, valuation, submission and agreement of change with the client and maintenance of change request register
• Monitor labour, plant and other cost allocations, report cost deviations to budget
• Understanding of managing technical and project risks
• Working knowledge of various standard forms of contract, particularly JCT (contract & financial), NEC and NFDC
• Working knowledge of basic plant, equipment in demolition industry
• Identify and quantify cost factors such as production time, materials and labour expenses
• Travel to sites to gather information on plant, materials required, labour and any other factors
• Read and analyse drawings and technical documents in order to prepare estimates
• Collaborate with engineers, architects, clients and sub-contractors on estimates to gather input
• Preferred qualified Quantity Surveyor with at least years' experience in Estimating/Surveying and relevant experience relating to a demolition/construction environment
• Advanced Excel, Word and Powerpoint
• Understanding the value engineering process
This Quantity Surveying/Estimator role is paying £40k-£45k depending on experience.
If you feel you are suited to this role please apply to this advert or send your CV to Kaylie Colby
Please only respond to this advert if you have the ability and skills stated above