|Job Ref:||204321846||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Milton Keynes||Address:||Post Code:||MK9||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum Competitive package||Post Date:||18/10/2016 16:02|
Our client is looking to employ a Project Manager to work from their offices in Milton Keynes.|
Their company are experts in successfully delivering Building, Civil and Rail projects across a large range of sectors including Education, Industrial, Infrastructure and Section 106/278 works.
This is a Permanent position and the right person will report to the Contracts Manager/Divisional Director. To be successful in your application, you must be experienced with S278/S38 contracts and other Civils works; Groundworks, Drainage, Roads, Foundations etc.
• To take responsibility for the success, safety, quality, environmental, delivery and commercial and programme compliance of all contracts in your control
• Ensure that all business operations are executed in a safe manner within current Health, Safety and Environmental legislation
• Managing all site-based personnel within the contract
• Controlling client liaison and site team relationships
• Effectively manage direct labour, sub-contractors, plant hire and material ordering
• To provide accurate management information to the Contract Manager/Project Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Manager as required
• To manage all contracts with a view to maximising margins
• Preparation of safety documentation as required, CPP/RAMS/Risk Assessments/COSHH Assessments etc.
• Have a working knowledge of the CDM regulations
• Have a working knowledge of NEC 3 and JCT Conditions of Contract
• Have a working knowledge of construction methods and techniques
• Be able to work clearly and accurately under pressure and tight timescales
• Be able to think logically and laterally
• Ability to demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills
• Have a working knowledge of current programming software
• Minimum 10 year's Construction experience with 5 years in a Supervisory/Management role
• Degree/HNC in Civil Engineering or Building
• Valid SMSTS Certificate
• CSCS Manager's Card
If you are interested in this role and feel like you meet the requested level of skills and experience, please send your CV for the attention of BCS Recruitment