|Job Ref:||204318447||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Post Date:||18/10/2016 16:02|
Our client is looking to employ an Estimator for their work in the Birmingham, West Midlands area.|
If successful in your application, you will be working with experts in providing sustainable solutions for the design, build and maintenance of the UK's transport infrastructure, specifically on Airport contracts. These solutions include runway resurfacing, runway/taxiway/pavement construction, rubber deposits removal, car parks and roads. This is an exciting time as their airfield operations continue to grow and you will develop alongside the company in this aspect.
Your role as an Estimator will be to work closely with the Airfields leadership team, and other members of the commercial and operational teams in the preparation of tenders and work opportunities. You will be responsible for providing cost estimates for projects on a National scale and should have extensive experience in a similar role working across a range of construction sectors including Highways, Airfields, Civil Engineering and Ground Engineering undertaking new build and refurbishment projects.
• Be responsible for the provision of accurate cost estimates and supporting technical information to enable the Company to submit competitive tenders in line with budgeted margins and in accordance with Company processes and Procedures.
• Manage a team which includes Estimator & Buyers.
• Prepare enquiry schedules and liaise with the Strategy, Bidding, Procurement and Commercial in the selection of appropriate companies from whom quotations should be sought.
• Produce Bills of Quantities from plans and specifications as necessary.
• Identify risk and assist in the analysis and effective management of risk.
• Attend tender settlement meetings ensuring all relevant cost information is available for presentation and complete the tender as instructed.
• Produce contractor's proposals documentation where necessary.
• Maintain regular contact with departments to obtain feedback on costs, technical and commercial performance.
• Control of tenders and quotations from enquiries through submission and negotiation to final settlement.
• Utilisation of databases and compiling information to support project cost estimates.
• To maintain an up to date awareness of activities and standards within Colas' business sectors as they relate to this appointment.
• To carry out all duties and responsibilities in a manner that supports the Company Vision and Mission.
• To carry out all duties and responsibilities in a manner that visibly underpins the company's values and beliefs.
• To demonstrate appropriate experience, training and qualifications for the post.
• To protect the commercial and corporate interests of the Company
• To promote the Division, its image, interest, reputation and standing within the business community.
• Preparing estimates and identifying commercial risks of projects at the bid stage.
• To work closely with the Divisional Estimators to ensure consistent and effective estimating practices are used across the company and within all the business units.
• Coordinating estimating and forecast information from other departments.
• Coordination of subcontractor bids to tie in to company bidding to clients.
• To liaise well and work closely with the Infrastructure Manager and Divisional operational teams.
• To liaise and develop long term relationships with others as required in client, supply chain and other partner organisations to maximise all potential business leads.
• To liaise well with all members of the Commercial and Work Winning teams to maintain synergy in the company's approach to these activities.
• Ensure that all sub-contract enquiries necessary for the submission of bids are contractually accurate.
• To assist the Airfields Executive Director and Associate Director alongside operational teams in the negotiation of terms, conditions and rates with Supply Chain Partners, Preferred Suppliers and Approved Suppliers.
• To conduct all duties and responsibilities in a manner that appropriately and adequately supports estimating and operational teams located across the country.
• To work closely with the Strategy, Bidding, Procurement and Commercial division and Airfields operational staff to ensure delivery of the secured contracts and to facilitate an effective learning loop between tender proposals and procurement in contract delivery to inform future tender/contract arrangements.
• To work closely with the commercial team and operational staff to ensure delivery of the secured contracts and to facilitate an effective learning loop between tender proposals and procurement in contract delivery to inform future tender/contract arrangements.
• To adhere to company policies and systems for commercial functions.
• To operate strictly in accordance with the Winning Work Procedures and all associated procedures, processes and guidelines.
• To follow 'Functional Reporting' protocols and to regularly provide the Managing Estimator with all required reporting information and feedback.
Skills & Qualifications:
• The ideal candidate should hold a relevant qualification and / or experience within the civil engineering and asphalt and airport sectors desirable. You must be able to demonstrate competence in a project delivery environment and have a full understanding of the project lifecycle process.
• Highly motivated and self-reliant.
• Experience on producing estimates on major schemes.
• Experience of using estimating software packages and IT literate in Microsoft Office suite.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good organisational skills / ability to work to tight deadlines.
• A strong personality who can persuade and motivate others.
• Ability to manage a team.
If you are interested in this role and feel like you meet the requested level of experience, please send your CV for the attention of BCS Recruitment