|Job Ref:||204312262||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Essex||Address:||Post Code:||SS14||Post Date:||18/10/2016 16:01|
I am Recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor/Contract Surveyor for a main contractor based in Essex. My client specialises in Refurbishment, New Build and Social Housing. You will be based in the head office, but will be required to attend various sites and external meetings. You MUST have experience in JCT Forms of contracts and awareness of NEC.|
• To work with standard forms of sub contract and main contract
• Liaise with the Estimating Department to receive full contract documentation
• To be responsible for procurement of sub contract works
• Measure subcontractors work where appropriate, maintaining proper records, marked up drawings etc.. and complete payment certificate in accordance with the pre-agreed payment terms, liaising with Site Managers and Contract Managers in respect of quality of work, dayworks, etc..
• Ensure that necessary insurance / tax certificates / VAT information and subcontracts are returned prior to first payment.
• Release retentions as appropriate in liaison with Managing Surveyor.
• Fully monitor all costs for the project including preliminaries, design fees, utility fees, subcontract and materials.
• Liaise with Accounts Department in respect of cost allocations and accruals.
• To report on a monthly basis cost value reconciliations (MCR).and discuss the extent of provisions with Managing Surveyors.
• On a monthly basis (or otherwise as agreed) prepare applications for payment in liaison with the Client's Representative to include a projected final account sum.
• On completion, prepare and agree draft final account for the final approval of the Chief Surveyor.
• Ensure interim certificates are received in accordance with the terms of the contract and monitor any non-receipt of payment from the Client.
• Attend regular internal/external project meetings.
• Attend regular subcontract meetings.
• Experience in JCT Forms of Contracts
• Awareness of NEC and PPC2000 Contractual obligations
• 5 years post degree experience
• Good understanding of Word, Excel and knowledge within accounting systems
• Full Clean drivers License
• Experience as a QS for a Main Contractor
This Quantity Surveyor position is paying between £40k-£65k depending on experience