|Job Ref:||204306242||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Derbyshire and Nationwide||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 16:01|
PROJECT QUANTITY SURVEYOR - GAS TRANSMISSION - DERBYSHIRE AND NATIONWIDE|
We're looking for skilled, expert and motivated people who'll help us meet national needs in transportation, energy and water. Our future success depends on having the very best team of people who will help us to meet our customers' needs by providing our solutions faster, with more innovation and at less cost.
This is where you come in:
Working on Nationwide projects as part of the UK's Gas Transmission network, the Project Quantity Surveyor will be involved with all aspects from the initial calculations to the final accounts, seeking to minimise the costs of the project and enhance value for money whilst achieving the required standards and quality.
The role requires accurate and profitable quantity surveying, ensuring that all aspects of the project are completed on time and to the satisfaction of the client. The Project QS Will be able to demonstrate the ability to function as a member of an integrated team
Ideally candidates will be nearing completion, or already hold a RICS recognised degree in Quantity Surveying or Construction Commercial Management, and have at least 2 years' experience in the construction/process industry working in a commercial role. Will also be student members of the RICS and be preparing to enrol onto the RICS APC via one of the recognised routes.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Preparing tender and contract documents with the architect or engineer and/or the client;
• Attend regular Contract Progress meetings ensuring the meeting packs are provided on time and checking the accuracy of the minutes taken
• Attend monthly Commercial Progress meetings ensuring the change registers are updated and actions closed.
• Undertaking costs analysis;
• Assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies;
• Monitors all project sanctions levels under their remit and advise the Commercial Manager if sanctions values are at risk.
• Manage the price negotiations on new projects with the contractors, Core Team and delivery Project Managers.
• Performing risk and value management and cost control;
• Advising on procurement strategy;
• Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
• Preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
• Allocating work to subcontractors;
• Providing advice on contractual claims;
• Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports;
• Valuing completed work and arranging payments;
• Maintaining awareness of the different construction contracts in current use;
• Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
• Will be nearing completion, or already hold, a RICS recognised degree in Quantity Surveying or Construction Commercial Management.
• Will be a student member of the RICS and be preparing to enrol onto the RICS APC via one of the recognised routes.
Knowledge / Skills / Behaviours:
• Ideally previous experience of working with a gas network Operator
• Will have at least 2 years' experience in the construction industry working in a commercial role
• Knowledge of at least 2 forms of Contract, including NEC
• Has experience or appreciation of the risk management process for both schedule and cost and the use of Earned Value Management for construction projects
• Experience of setting up and/or operating office management systems including filing systems and document control and distribution
• Experience of technical minute taking at contractual meetings and able to demonstrate the ability to collate information and prepare reports
• Experience of drafting contractual correspondence on behalf of the Project Manager and preparation of payment certificates and interim financial reports
• Aware of Accident, Incident and Near Miss Reporting and Investigation (COMPASS) and an appreciation of HS&E Management System and requirements
• Negotiating and team-working skills and the ability to motivate and lead those on site
• Financial and commercial acumen
• Organisation skills
• Excellent communication
• Computer literate
• Strong analytical skills
• Detailed legal and construction knowledge
• Confidence and assertiveness
• Practical approach, logical thought process and a methodical way of working
• A creative and innovative approach to problem-solving
Along with the opportunities a vibrant, challenging and growing business can offer you, you will receive a competitive salary, holiday allowance, company car (if required for the role), pension, and other benefits.
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK, and hold a valid UK drivers licence.
Costain is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity