|Job Ref:||204304968||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Middlesex||City:||Middlesex||Address:||Post Code:||HA0||Salary:||£55000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 04:00|
M+E Quantity Surveyor -Warrington|
Our client is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of 'blue chip' companies. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, they have become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. They have a culture that is innovative, collaborative and performance focused.
The successful M+E Quantity Surveyor candidate (Mechanical Bias) will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance. You will be working on exciting multi million pound M+E projects based in and around the North West of England. You will be an integral part of a dynamic team that knows how to work together to deliver successful projects over and over again.
Dependent on your own experience, the role can provide some fantastic training and industry exposure to allow you to learn and kick on with your career.
• To manage M+E quantity surveying functions for multi-million pound Contracts based in the North West and to ensure the maximum contribution for the company.
• Skilled in budgeting, reporting, developing BOQ's, profit plans.
• Good communication skills. Undertake and manage interim commercial meetings with the Client and Internal Project Team. Report in detail as required for the Project Manager on the commercial status of the project.
• Manage subcontractor accounts, interim valuations and final accounts. Ensure payment certificates are processed and payments are made per the agreed sub-contract and procurement terms. Retentions apply as per agreements.
• Ability to administer the contract obligations and meet additional Client requirements. Issue interim and final accounts and progress applications per project and contract requirements. Monthly applications to be all inclusive of accurate remeasures, site changes, day works and any applicable contract claims. Identify escalations, material or labour, as appropriate.
• Ability to identify potential commercial risks and ensure prompt reporting of same to Senior Management. Follow direction of Senior Management in undertaking work duties.
• Have a practical understanding of scheduling and the associated commercial implications. Ensure close collaboration with Planning Engineer regarding accuracy of progress reporting.
• Capable of costing and agreeing daily work changes to include managing the subcontractor remeasurement of contract works, site day works and site change orders.
• Maintain accurate records and provide necessary detailed backup to support commercial tracking and costing.
• Ability to work on own initiative and can prioritise without direction.
• Speed and accuracy of information a priority.
• Negotiate, as necessary, with clients or their representatives.
• Set an example of enthusiasm, loyalty and hard work in the performance of all duties.
• Report to Senior Management as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Minimum 3+ years of Quantity surveying experience is essential from an M+E perspective.
• M+E project experience in Pharmaceutical environments would be a plus.
• Mechanical Bias.
• Proficient in excel.
• Detailed knowledge of commercial management and QS Role within construction
• Knowledge of contract conditions and their applications
• Site experience essential ideally from a contractor perspective.
• Overall understanding of the business, client and Sub Contractor relations, and M&E installations
Behavior & Attitude
• A positive " can do" approach determined to succeed generates a sense of energy and urgency
• Builds and maintains excellent working relationships
• Acceptance of responsibility and accountability
• Remains calm under pressure
• An exemplar for the company values
• Sound, balanced judgment
• Demanding of self and others
• Recognizes own strengths and weaknesses and committed to personal improvement