|Job Ref:||204245388||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lancashire||City:||Bury||Address:||Post Code:||BL9||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum BUPA, Pension, Hols & Bank Hols||Post Date:||18/10/2016 16:01|
Responsible for undertaking estimates for new business and existing opportunities, co-ordinating all aspects of an estimate. Drafting tender letters and presenting all cost and project information in a high quality clear format for review by a senior management representative. Manage Business Development activities in supporting of the Trade Counter, trade product and fire duct strategies
• Assist in implementation of company safety policy and requirements
• Represent the company and values of the business and portray a professional and business like image to all customers, potential customers and other people you meet in course of your work.
• Register and acknowledge receipt of own enquiries
• Manage/monitor all aspects of own bids/cost plans
Build up cost estimates for aspects including:
• Building Works
• Engineering Works
• Equipment procurement
• Design Costs
• Escalation & Risk Factors
• Co-ordinate content from others and where required to write supporting documents to enhance the quality of proposals
• Present detailed accurate estimating content for review and subsequent approval.
• Ensure that adequate governance is in place and followed to deliver target margins across all product types.
• Build an effective relationship with customers and maximise their potential
• Drafting tender letters and presenting all cost and project information in a high quality clear format.
• Manage/monitor all aspects of own bids/cost plans and report progress to PM and EM.
• Drafting tender letters and presenting all cost and project information in a high quality clear format for review by a supervisor.
• To organise and control in full a Trade counter projects.
• Liaise with clients, subcontractors and suppliers.
• Attend post tender reviews and lead in presenting project handover content when new business is secured.
• Provide technical support for both products and procedures for customers and staff
• Be responsible for ensuring customer quotations are processed commercially and effectively
• Ensure customer engagement is effected in accordance with company Core values and realises the business plan
• Enhance company brand value to both internal and external audiences
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
• Experience of the UK construction market
• Experience of bid preparation and co-ordination
• Knowledge of our competitors
• Previous experience in a similar role in Construction / FE company.
• Computer literacy including a practical knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Good interpersonal skills
• Customer focused
Highly Desirable (but not essential)
• Membership of an industry professional body
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD, MS Powerpoint, MS Project and various ductwork estimating packages.
• Three years working in the HVAC industry
• Trade Project manager.
• National Sales Manager
• Regional Sales Manager (RSMs)
• Branch Managers
• Trade Division Director
• Clients and Suppliers