|Job Ref:||204120670||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Aberedeen||Address:||Salary:||£50000 - £65000/annum + generous benefits package||Post Date:||18/10/2016 16:02|
We are looking to recruit a Project QS and Senior QS for our UK client, with the role based in East / North East Scotland|
Our client is an award winning successful nationwide Civil Engineering Contractor, who believe in building and maintaining strong relationships with their clients. With every successful building project they undertake, the focus is on partnership and collaboration. Known for their non-adversarial approach and trusted for their ability to manage both people and projects to ensure success, credentials are underpinned by the fact that a major part of their business is repeat business.
Our client is passionate about exploring new ideas, finding solutions and working with clients to deliver major civil engineering projects across a wide specrum of sectors.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor and Senior Quantity Surveyor to work with a professional established contractor who prides themselves on nurturing their team.
• Liaison with the Client and his Professional representatives
• Commercial responsibilities for all civils packages on on projects such as; Hospitals, Hotels, Leisure Centre, Schools, Universites and Student Accomadation
• Management and issue of appropriate enquiries for specialist subcontract/ material supplies
- Preparation of analytical estimates for main contractor works utilising computerised estimating system
- Measurement for the production of Bills of Quantities for plan and specification/ design build disciplines
• Provision of costs for contract Preliminary items
• Liaison with design team members
• Preparation of detailed information for hand over to production teams for successful tenders.
• Support and liaison with the other site and/or office based disciplines including Divisional Directors/ Managers, Contract Managers, Planners, Quantity Surveyors, Design Coordinators, Buyers etc.
• Check and acknowledge tender documents and amendments
• Select subcontract and material companies
• Organise copy of tender documents and amendments for appropriate parties
• Arrange pricing document production - internal or external - if required
• Rate up pricing document
• Arrange site visit when necessary
• Complete Contract Sum Analysis/Schedule if necessary
• Prepare information packages for handover to construction team, when successful
- Integrate fully with the post-construction team to create and support a positive team environment.
You will be UK Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying with more than 5 years experience in a QS / SQS function.
You will be the lead on all commercial aspects of client interaction and have the ability to work seamlessly with principal contractor's policies and processes to nurture a positive working partnership.
If you believe that you would be well suited to this role, please call John Duffus on (Apply online only)